Chapter 15

Sirius paced in the kitchen, thinking about Anna. What had happened to her? Who did this? No, that wasn't even a question, he knew that Voldemort was the culprit.

"Sirius, you need to stop thinking about this. It's taking a toll on your health, stress isn't good-"

"Molly, this is my daughter. My only child. My only real family. You wouldn't understand," he said, doing his best to keep his tone from turning cold.

"Of course I do! Family is important, regardless of how much there is."

"I'm going to kill that bastard-"

"Enough! I've had enough of this, Sirius! For the past few days, all you've been doing is pacing and talking about Voldemort. I don't want to hear it, it's driving me crazy."

"What else am I supposed to do!" He yelled. Molly smirked.

"Make yourself useful and help me with dinner." Sirius rolled his eyes and shook his head. Nobody understood his pain and anger. They all got to see her, he didn't. They didn't have to watch their daughter slowly go insane, he did. He knew complaining wouldn't do anything, so he refrained from doing so as much as possible.

Complaining, it was all he could do. He was trapped in that damned house with nothing else to do. Every time he tried to leave, he would get caught or realize that he couldn't do anything. But the thing is, he would be content if people just listened to him. He knew more than they did, but no, to them, he was just a crazy, recently escaped prisoner who could snap at any moment.

Of course, they never said that to him, but he knew that was what they thought. The only people who would listen to him were Anna and Harry. But at the moment, he and Harry weren't on the best terms. He was sure Harry had something to do with the attack; the guilty look on his face only supported Sirius' suspicions.

"Sirius, did you hear Remus?" Molly said, snapping fingers in front of his face.

"Wait, when did he get here?"

"When you were zoned out, knucklehead," Remus chuckled and Sirius gave a sheepish smile. "I was saying that Anna's being released from the hospital tonight."

"Really?!" Sirius sounded like a little kid going to a candy store. His wolfish friend gave a smile and nod. "When tonight?!"

"Maybe in the next hour or so."

"Or now," a hoarse voice said from the other room. The two looked and saw Anna smirking at them while leaning on her crutches. "Happy to see me?"

"Of course, how're you feeling?"

"Awful, but I'll be fine." She didn't say anything more as the others, including Arthur, came through the door. As tempted as he was, Sirius didn't bombard Anna with questions. It could wait.

After everyone got settled, the kids set the table and everyone sat down for a meal. It was awkwardly quiet for a bit until the twins spoke up.

"So, what even happened?" they asked in unison, their eyes darting between Arthur, Anna, and Harry.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you two could explain better, as you seem to know more about these things," Mr. Weasley said with a chuckle. Anna knew Harry wouldn't say anything, so she spoke up.

"I still don't know exactly what happened...but I know it had to be Voldemort. I was kind of in a dream, but saw Arthur and Voldemort's snake attacking him," she said, not knowing how to continue.

"I thought I was a goner until Anna showed up. She made this big wall of fire separating us and the snake. It was extremely impressive, she has extraordinary powers! When she told me to run, she made it seem like the fight was nothing," Arthur said excitedly. Anna forced a laugh.