I beg of you, please read this!

Hello my amazing readers! I really REALLY need your help! So, I'm working on the next chapter and have run into a bit of an issue...it's long as hell! I'm only at the part where they're leading Umbridge into a trap and I'm already a bit over 3,000 words!

So, I need your opinion, and I need it quick. Please don't be afraid to comment, even if you never have before! 

Let me know, would you rather me...

1) Write the chapter as one long ass chapter and not care about word count? Like, it'll be 5,000 words or more. (In real books that's not too much, but in fanfiction, it's a bit ridiculous to most people). Again, I'm unsure of my estimated range. It'll probably be between 5,000-8,000 words.

or

2) Split it up into two normal-sized chapters (2,000-3,000 words)? I wouldn't try to do this to extend my updates and be lazy. The purpose would be to make them more evenly spread out.

Now, if you want to know MY opinion, I'd go with the first option. I like reading an intense scene all at once because it doesn't take away from the events. Of course, if I went with that latter, I would rightfully split it up and make it work, having good endings on each, and it'd be easier for me since I'm going through hell week at school (bleh, finals). There are pros and cons to both, but I just want your opinions!

Keep in mind, there WILL BE a single ending chapter after the battle at the Ministry. It'll be the final one to tie up the book and transition into the next one.

Thank you so much for reading this! I beg of you, please please PLEASE tell me immediately what you want! I'm writing this for you guys, so I want to cater to your opinions. 

Also, if you have any ideas on the chapter, please let me know!

As always, I love you all,
~Lumos

[UPDATE: I've gone with option 1, so have fun reading the freakishly long chapter!]