Chapter 14

"What happened to her?!" Madame Pomfrey exclaimed as Ron set her on the hospital bed. He shook his head.

"I...I don't know... She was just screaming, like she was being attacked..." he tried to hide his fear, but it was obvious he was trembling.

"Well...I don't think I can fix her up if she's this bad... We might have to send her to St. Mungo's."

"What?!"

"But we need to hurry, she'll be okay if we act quickly. Carry her to Dumbledore."

"But Harry's already there-"

"Now!" She exclaimed and Ron quickly obeyed. He ran as fast as possible to the headmaster's office. His heart pounded, both from fear and having Anna pressed against him. Maybe after he saved him, she would fall in love with him? Like in the stories where the sidekick comes to be the best on the end. But no, this was no story (I snickered at this part, I don't know why), this was too real. He was holding a dying girl in his arms as he sprinted to an old man's office, someone who probably couldn't do anything. She would be dead before he could be with her.

He pushed the thoughts out of his head as entered Dumbledore's office. He was trying to console a furious Harry, but was failing. Harry's fists were balled up, but his expression softened when he saw Anna.

"Is she okay?! Why is she-"

"Does she look okay you bloody idiot?!"

"I don't know, that's why I'm asking you," he scowled. Ron clenched his jaw and turned to Dumbledore.

"Madame Pomfrey said Anna needed to be taken to St. Mungo's. There's nothing that could be done here..." Ron trailed off, his eyes watering. Dumbledore said nothing.

"She's dying you old coot! Why aren't you doing anything?!! If you have something against me, don't take it out on her! HELP HER!" Harry yelled, hot tears streaming down his face. Dumbledore didn't glare at him but instead took Anna out of Ron's arms and apparated away. It was just Harry and Ron, leaving an awkward silence.

"Do you think she'll make it?" Harry whispered, glancing up at the ginger. He shook his head.

"I don't know...why do you even care?"

"I still...love and care about her..."

"It sure as hell doesn't seem like it," Ron said bitterly, giving Harry the coldest glare to ever exist.

"I know I screwed up, but it wasn't really me, it was-"

"Voldemort, yeah, like every time you screw up. I almost have pity for Voldemort because you've blamed him so many times. Why don't you just own up to it? And it's not just that you cheated on her, you also pushed her away all the time. You were so rude to her, and to everyone else... You didn't even bother to apologize..."

"She won't listen to me-"

"BS...All she's ever done is be nice and listen to you... She deserves so much better-"

"Of course you think that's you, right?" he snickered, rolling his eyes.

"Not necessarily...but this is about her... You're probably relieved she's near dead so your reputation doesn't get ruined even more from what you've done-"

"I hate to break up this little argument..." Snape said, coming into the room with a smirk, "but I believe I need to speak to Mr. Potter... Go to sleep Weasley," he said boredly, grabbing Harry's arm and pulling him out of the room. Before Ron had the chance to leave, his twin brothers ran in.

"We...we heard about dad...and...came as fast as possible..." they panted and he raised an eyebrow.

"What?"