Chapter 8

Anna's POV

"Hermione, are you sure we should do this?" I asked as we sat in the Hog's Head, waiting for people to show up. Hermione had suggested we have a meeting for those who want to join our club that taught defensive spells. We hadn't quite thought of a name yet, but would figure it out.

As if on cue, people started filing in. In the midst, I could see a few people I recognized including Luna, Neville, the Patil twins, Reeve, and Cho, who greeted me with a death glare. Let's just say that we hadn't gotten off on the best terms last year... And well, in general, she already hated me. I returned her rude look by just rolling my eyes and directing my attention back to Hermione who was just answering my question.

"Yes, I'm sure, quit being so worried-"

"I'm not worried, I just don't want to look like an idiot out there... You know how stupid and awkward I sound in front of people," I groaned, and Harry glared at me.

"You're one of the most outgoing people that I know-"

"Shut it, I am NOT!"

"Yes, you are. Honestly, Anna, people would kill to have an outgoing and carefree personality like yours," Hermione admitted sheepishly.

"Nope. Nope. And nope again. I'm not outgoing, nor care-free. Is that really how you guys and everyone else sees me?" I asked.

"Yes," Harry, Hermione, and Ron said at the same time. I just rolled my eyes and gave a laugh. The four of us chatted a while until everyone had filed in, and took a seat. Everyone finally fell silent, and Hermione slowly stood up, cleared her throat, and started talking.

"Um...hi..." she said nervously, and all eyes were on her. She took a deep breath and continued, "Um...I think we all know why we're here... We need a Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher...a proper one...or two maybe," she gave a small smile and motioned to Harry and I. I gave a small and awkward wave, accompanied with a smile. But then, this Ravenclaw guy stood up and glared.

"You think we're going to actually let you nutters teach us?! You must be joking!" he exclaimed. I just got up, walked over to him and smiled sweetly.

"If you don't care, if you want to get yourself killed when there's a war, when Voldemort attacks, there's a door over there, feel free to use it," I snarled, clenching my jaw. He gave a glare, got up, and left. I looked around, and everyone's eyes laid on me, "That goes for the rest of you, you can leave through that door over there if you don't believe us." Nobody spoke or moved. I just gave a nod and sat back down, giving Hermione the chance to speak again.

"Um, yeah, if you don't want to be included in this, take Anna's advice... Anyways, we need proper teachers that actually have had real experience with these kinds of things-"

"Why do we have to know this? I don't think it's really necessary," a random kid asked.

"Because Voldemort is back you dillhole!" Ron exclaimed, and I stifled a laugh.

"Um, what's a dillhole?" I asked, and Ron came over, whispered what it meant, and I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I finally composed myself after a few seconds. "Okay, um, sorry...I'm really immature if you haven't noticed," I said with a laugh, and a few others laughed too.

"Okay, thanks for that insult," the kid said sarcastically with an eye roll but started speaking again, "but who says Voldemort is back? You two?"

"Says Dumbledore-"

"So Dumbledore says what they say. The point is, where's the proof?" the kid asked, and I just realized he was a Ravenclaw. Of course. The room was deadly silent, and I couldn't speak. Was there proof even? No. There wasn't. What if this was all a lie that Voldemort implanted in our heads? What if Cedric's death was an accident? Or what if we killed him but didn't know it? What if Voldemort's been back this whole time? What if my life was a lie? Okay, now I'm just thinking too deep. I was snapped out of my thoughts by the guy talking again, "You know, Potter and Black could tell us a lot more about Cedric's death... And Black sure as hell could tell us why she went insane that night; why she was about to literally kill someone. We all saw her. She was bloody insane. She could have easily murdered Diggory-"