Chapter 22

WARNING: VERY LONG CHAPTER AHEAD
Also, don't correct me on certain 'facts'. I changed this to fit my story and info given. Trust me, it was all intentional and what doesn't make sense now will later.
Enjoy.

Anna's eyes widened in fear as Harry's words echoed in her head, 'It's your father...he's at the Ministry.' She couldn't comprehend his words would've dropped to the ground if she wasn't already kneeling beside him. Why was he there? Did he get caught by the government? Did Death Eaters capture him? Was he...dead?

No. He wasn't dead and he wouldn't be for a long time... He promised her he would always be there, and she refused he was capable of breaking such a promise.

Her vision started to blur with tears. Refusing to cry, she blinked them back and helped Harry up. She turned to Ron and Hermione and stated, "Harry and I need to go. We'll be back...don't follow us." And with that, Anna took Harry by the arm and led him to an empty corridor, her strides long and breaths shaky. After she set him down, she gave him an expectant look. "Elaborate, please?"

"Anna...I don't...I can't...I'm trying to figure this out...Merlin, help me!" he pleaded, taking her hands in his own. She ignored the shock that coursed through her veins and closed her eyes.

"Okay, okay, just...keep him occupied!" With a deep breath, Anna pictured Voldemort and internally yelled 'legilimens!'. She was instantly shoved into the dark lord's mind and saw the scene that Harry did.

Her father was bound to a chair with rope and Voldemort was interrogating him about a prophecy. Sirius refused to give any answers and told the dark wizard to rot in hell, earning a round of cruciatus curses.

Snapping the two out of the scene, a voice asked, "Um...what are you two doing?" Harry and Anna turned to face the girl, and they were surprised to see who it was.

Evie Spirit, a Slytherin.

Anna recalled the time they had met on the train. They hadn't talked much since the previous year, but the girl had always been nice to her. Although, this year Evie seemed a bit...annoyed, regardless of how much she tried to hide it. Anna figured this was because she was dating Ron and Evie had always liked him; they even went to the Yule Ball together. Or it could've been that she wasn't invited into the D.A., but this wasn't Anna's fault. Harry was adamant on not letting Slytherins in.

"Evie? Why are you-"

"I saw you two stumble over here. It seemed like something was wrong...are you okay?" she asked, her voice a bit laced with concern. Her tone didn't reach her eyes and this unnerved Harry a bit. He focused on blocking Voldemort out, then straightened up and gave a glare.

"We're fine. Now, if you'll excuse us..."

"Wait," Anna started quickly, not letting him pull her away. "Evie, you're smart... Do you know if there's a way to use the Floo network without getting caught? I know the Ministry started monitoring most of the fireplaces."

"And why would you want to use that?" the Slytherin asked with a smirk. When neither responded, she sighed. "Umbridge's fireplace is unmonitored...but I know she's in it at the moment. I saw her sprint there...it was a funny sight really. If you need to go, I can distract her."

"Really?"

"Sure, Anna. Us family at Hogwarts gotta to help each other out, right?" Evie asked with a sly grin. Anna thanked her and Harry just watched.

He had never been too fond or trusting of her. Maybe it was that she was a Slytherin. Or maybe it was that Evie despised of him as well, considering the fact the first she got of him was about how he was unloyal to Anna. Or maybe it was that her name sounded too much like 'evil spirit'.