Chapter 13

The weeks went by and before they knew it, the snow was falling from the sky. Holiday was approaching quickly and it was the last meeting for the DA until after Christmas.

The clock chimed six times and Harry spoke up.

"Okay everyone, good job today. Have a good holiday!" He said with a smile, and almost everyone started filing out after Nigel made sure the coast was clear.

"Hey Harry, can I talk to you for a second?" Cho Chang asked as Harry was getting ready to leave.

"Um, sure-"

"Harry, are you coming?" Anna came over to ask Harry, ignoring Cho's presence. He bit his lip.

"Erm...I'm staying behind for a bit-"

"Why? Do you want me to also-"

"No, just leave," Harry said, a hint of annoyance in his voice. Anna frowned and nodded.

"Sorry for asking...I'll see you later I guess..." She said with a sad smile and left. Harry had been pushing her away as much as possible for the past few weeks and Ron and Hermione hung out more, leaving her to be the odd one out. She couldn't help to be a bit sad and annoyed by this, but she just used her time to study for OWL's and hang out with Hagrid more. Oddly enough, they found out they had similar interests and she started learning more about magical creatures.

Anna closed the door behind her after the last few people filed out, leaving just Cho and Harry in an awkward silence. She took a step closer to him and frowned.

"You know, I miss Cedric a lot... Do you...do you think he would know all of this?" She asked, making sure she said it really quietly. Forcing her eyes to water, she gleamed up at Harry. He gave a pained sympathetic expression. She didn't truly understand what it felt like to lose him... She didn't see him murdered by Voldemort like him and Anna did.

"Of course he would have," Harry forced a smile. Cho stepped even closer to him, their faces inches apart.

"Look up," she whispered. His heartbeat quickened as her breath brushed his face. He glanced up and saw a plant. "Mistletoe Harry." She closed the small gap between them and pressed her lips to his. He wasn't a good boyfriend to Anna by pulling away immediately. Instead, he went with it and kissed her back.

What they didn't know was that Anna was watching in horror in the shadows by the door. Her hand scrambled for the door handle and she darted out of the room. Hot tears threatened to escape from her eyes as she walked quickly to the girls dorm. She took a deep breath and say in the edge of her four-poster bed. Why did Harry just do that? She wondered. Has he been cheating on me before this? Was I too dumb to notice?  She put her head in her hands and let out a sob. It might seem like she was being dramatic, but her heart was shattered. She really trusted him and loved him. Was it bad that she didn't hate him at all? That she lost no feelings for him?

"Anna?" Hermione asked, opening the door and interrupting Anna's burst of sadness. She quickly wiped her eyes and looked up, plastering a fake smile on her face. "Yes Hermione?"

"I was wondering if you had seen... Were you crying?" She asked, concern spreading across her face.

"No, of course not...why would I be crying?" Anna asked, faking a confused tone.

"I don't know... Anyways, have you seen Harry?" Hermione asked and Anna swallowed a sob.

"Yeah, I actually just saw him snogging Cho, you can find them in the Room of Requirement," she said bitterly, a tear or two escaping her eyes and rolling slowly down her face. Hermione gasped.