Epilougue: Tying up Loose Ends

Christmas 2045

"If you don't get your butts down here right now we'll be late!" shouted Maya Hunter-Friar as the Christmas evening fell upon them. Lucas chuckled at the fire of his wife that never seemed to burn out despite the past thirteen years of marriage.

Yes, Maya and Lucas did find each other again. It took a lot of time, both spending years apart to discover themselves. Then one day, Lucas Friar found himself needing a change from California and the opportunity to work in New York was practically flung at him. He accepted without hesitation. There was nothing keeping him in California; no wife, no kids, no fat paycheque. He was simply a young man at the time with plenty of freedom to do whatever it was his heart desired.

After a few weeks back in New York he had come across The Healing Hearts; a small boutique on the corner of seventh that was quickly revealed to be owned by none other but Maya Penelope Hart-Hunter. They hit it off after that and were married with a baby on the way three years later. Now here they were, aged forty-four and forty-three with three children about to embark on their own crazy adventure that was life.

"Coming mom!" Three voices called, feet thudding down the hallway.

  Colton, their oldest, was first, dragging along a much younger, six-year old Kamryn. Colton was now thirteen, in the eighth grade at John Quincy Adams middle school. Unlike the two generations before though, the children of their parents weren't all together. They saw one another when they could though and that was okay.

"Hurry up Tess," snapped Colton, "we don't have all day!"

Tessa, taking scarily after her mother, came strutting down the hall with an eye roll that would rival even the fiercest adult. "I'm here, chill the heck out Colt." Did they mention she was ten? The next few years were going to be a wild ride.

"Come on all of you, we can't be late to the Bennet's."

  "Why? We see them like every day."

"Tessa Katherine," Lucas warned, "Be respectful."

"Yeah, whatever dad."

*****

Riley fled down the stairs, squealing excitedly as her oldest child came bustling in from the cold. Lydia Sinclair was twenty now and came around so little that Riley swore she'd forget what her daughter looked like.

"Lydia!"

  Her daughter was engulfed in the tightest hug her mother could muster.

  "Mom, you're killing me," she laughed, the blue eyes she'd inherited from her father alight.

  "Oh I'm sorry, I've just missed you so much!"

  "I missed you too mom," she said, slightly uncomfortable as she tilted her head to where her boyfriend stood awkwardly.

Riley smiled even larger. "You must be Geoffrey."

The boy — young man — scratched his neck, shaking her hand with his free hand. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you Mrs. Bennet."

  "Oh please, call me Riley. Mrs. Bennet makes me feel old." They shared a short laugh as Evan came into the foyer.

"Hi Dad," Lydia greeted him with a smile which he returned with an added hug and a suspicious glance towards the boy she'd brought home.

  "Dad, this is Geoffrey. Geoffrey, this is my Step-Dad, Evan." Again pleasantries were exchanged before the two youngest of the family came running in to greet their sister and question the poor boyfriend to no end.

The Hidden Hunter ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara