Chapter 8: Barns, Swans and Lollipops

Shauna POV

  For some strange reason, this school handed out yearbooks in October instead of at the end of the year...

"Ladies and gentlemen of the hallway, it's yearbook time!" Farkle announced while handing out the books to each student.

"Yearbooks! Find out who we are and what we really think about each other," Smiley Riley said.

"You wanna know what I think about you?" Maya asked, looking at Lucas.

  "No, I do not."

  "But I wanna tell you."

  "I don't think you need to." 

"She's gonna do it anyway." I smirked. I felt that Lucas and Maya had enormous chemistry. Don't tell Riley that though.

"Don't do it. It's been a while. I'm asking you not to do it."

  "She's gonna do it."

  "You wanna run, or you want it straight in the face?" Maya asked teasingly.

  "Well, I wanna run, but how would that look?" Maya began to hum a ha hurr toon. "You guys wouldn't judge me if I run, right?" Maya continued to taunt him with her humming. "Come on, man. There's always another option!" Maya then screamed 'HaHurr' in Lucas's face.

"That was good," I praised her.

"You know what else is good? Yearbooks. All of our classmates say what they think of us. Yearbooks; find out how we'll be remembered," Riley interrupted.

'"Most likely to be Farkle...' Farkle. I didn't think I'd win it again this year, but I did."

"What does that mean exactly, Farkle?" I questioned.

  "How should I know? They turned being me into a category!"

  "Hey, Riley won most likely to smile herself to death," Maya announced, reading over Riley's shoulder.

   "Aw. Well, who wouldn't wanna go that way? I mean, when the time comes, why you gotta be a gloomy Gus?"

   "Riles, I don't think they meant this as a good thing..." I replied tentatively.

  "They're making fun of me, and they're making fun of you too," Farkle added.

  Riley and Farkle both tried to brush it off but it was clear they were both heavily bothered by their superlatives. I on the other hand had gotten 'most likely to get straight A's,' I wasn't sure why they figured that but it didn't bother me at all.

*****

  Farkle had changed into some 'cool guy' get up, that honestly made him look quite attractive, and Riley was attempting to have a dark side. Maya, Lucas and I were the same and desperately trying to change them back.

  "I'm Donnie Barnes, regular guy. Donnie Barnes is the real me. Farkle Minkus is my goofy other personality," he announced.

"No, you're Farkle," Lucas worriedly argued.