Chapter 22: Not. Yet...

Shauna's POV

"Think she's gonna forgive me?" Maya asked as we sat in my room and were scrolling through our phones. "It's Riley, you know she can never hold a grudge for more than a few days. She'll be crawling back to you in no time " I told her.Maya rolled over and propped her hands under her chin, "I hope you're right. As mad as I am at her, I would hate to lose her as a friend." "Yeah I get it. But maybe we should think about something else."

I grinned and looked at her expectantly, "So... you and Lucas?" I wiggled my eyebrows. She chuckled and threw a pillow at me, but was blushing like crazy, "Not yet," she said, "but maybe someday." "Isn't that what you said to Josh?" "Forget Josh," she laughed, "Josh is the long game, Lucas is now."

  I laughed at her, "I'm glad someone finally has their priorities straight. In your own words: 'Josh is a fantasy, you don't go out with a fantasy.'" "Yeah, yeah, I know what I said. But seriously," she sat up, "I want to fix things with Riley before anything else happens with me and Huckleberry."

"Okay, you do that," I told her, "I'll just be here writing your wedding vows." "Oh my gosh stop!" Maya whined, though I could tell she was enjoying every second, "I will never be a Friar. Besides, I just barely became a Hunter, I'd like to keep that title for a while." She looked at me mischievously, "Though, Mrs. Shauna Minkus has a nice ring to it." "So does Isadora Minkus," I shot back. "Touché"

We continued to giggle and gossip for the next two hours. I was so glad to finally have a sister.

Maya POV

It was the next day, and we were walking into school, nervous about what this new day would bring.

  "Hey Peaches..." Riley greeted me, a guilty expression laid across her face. "Hey," I responded flatly.

"Listen, I'm really, super duper sorry about what I said. I was upset and I lost control of my temper," her bottom lip trembled, "I would never want to hurt you or lose you. So can you forgive me Peaches?" I sighed and pushed her hand out of my face before answering her, "Of course I forgive you Riles. We're best friends, I hope that never changes." "YAY!" Riley shouted and engulfed me in a huge hug, "I knew you would forgive me!" She paused and looked up at me hopefully, "This means that Lucas is still mine right?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Shauna spoke up, "You think now that you're friends again, you automatically get Lucas back?" "Yeah?" Riley answered sweetly. "Those two things barely even correlate. Lucas broke up with you before the fight even happened. Sorry Riley, but you and Lucas are over. I suggest you accept that."  "Well I guess we'll just have to see what Lucas says in class today then," Riley responded indignantly, "Come on, let's go!" she shouted, joyfully skipping into class. Shauna and I followed her.

  I knew this was going to happen, Riley getting Lucas back and everything, but I didn't really care anymore. If Lucas couldn't stand up for himself and for what he wanted then he was wimp and wasn't worth it. I guess that's kinda hypocritical considering the situation I'm in though...

   Mr. Matthews looked exhausted as we entered the classroom. It was clear he was really worried about the group of us, and for once didn't know what to do about it.

   "Daddy, you don't have to worry anymore, everything is fixed now," Riley announced with a grin. Relief poured over Mr. Matthews face, "Well thank goodness, cause I really didn't have a plan for this one," he chuckled, "How'd this get patched up so quickly?"

  "Yeah, did I miss something?" Lucas asked, as he looked over at Riley's smiling face. "Lucas, Maya and I are best friends again just how we always were, and everything is back to normal."