Insurmountable Chapter 2

Hey guys. I hope you liked the first chapter. Please comment, suggest, vote!

CHAPTER TWO

Then I laughed. I laughed so hard that I had to put my hands on my knees to keep myself from falling. When I looked at the man again, he tightened his grip on the gun.

"Seriously? A gun? Not even a grenade? Or a- a flame thrower? A gun?" I chuckled.

"Stay right where you are," He said nervously.

"I didn't even move," I raised my eyebrows. Actually, I felt bad for the guy. He seemed so vulnerable. When I took a step forward, he pulled the trigger. I raised my right hand in front of my face and catched the bullet between my thumb and index finger. His jaw dropped and his whole body was trembling.

"It's impossible to kill me," I said darkly. His eyes widened and he kept pullling the trigger. When I was about to tackle the man, I had a head splitting headache. This always happens to me in a fight. When the headache subsides, I'm no longer in control of my body. All I could think of was killing everyone attacking me. It always happens. 

And that's what's happening to me now. After the headache, I snapped my fingers and electrecuted the man. He screamed in agony. Even though I wanted to let him live, I can't. Its like my body has a mind of its own. Maybe thats what my creator designed me to do. When I came back to my regular self, I picked up the corpse of the man and hauled it over my shoulder. I knocked on the door of the train. Everyone inside of the train were shocked to see me. I smiled and forced the door open. I gently put the body of the man inside the train and left. I could feel everyone frightened after I jumped off the train.

********************

I was in the forest where I lived. Yeah, I lived in a forest, so what? I created some fire and killed a fish for my dinner. It was getting dark now. I stared at the remains of the fish I've eaten. Why am I like this? I thought to myself. I don't want to kill people. But yet I do it every single day. I put the body of the man inside the train so that somebody would find him. I don't want anybody to see his body lying around on top of a train. I could feel my eyes stinging but I held back the tears. I never cried.

Its what you are, you were designed to kill. Some part of me said. I stood up and put the fire out. I didn't even bother burying the fishbones. I climbed up in a tree and lay down in its branch. I shrugged off of my black leather jacket and used as a blanket. Then I drifted off to sleep.

I was awakened by the sound of footsteps. I climbed higher in the tree to get a better view of the forest. I searched the for any signs of danger but everything was quiet. I was about to go back to sleep when I saw a tree move. I hopped off of my tree and ran towards the moving tree. I hid behind big rock and took a peek. There I saw about ten men talking to one another.

"But everyone who fought it is dead," I heard one say.

"This time, the plan will work. I'm sure of it." The other said.

Were they talking about me? Well, I'm flattered. They're spending so much time thinking of ways to kill me. I'm touched.

"Hey guys!" I stepped out of the rock and greeted them.

"There it is," A man with blond hair said.

"Hey, I'm not an it okay? I have a name, you know--"

They all screamed and raced towards me. I guess you would scream too if it was the fight of your life. But before I could attack, a boy landed in front of me. He stretched out his palm and radiation was coming out of it before it exploded and created fire. I was about to ask who he was when he grabbed my arm and pulled me.

"Come on," He said. His voice was velvety but it has some kind of darkness into it.

"Uhm, no, I won't come with a total stranger who killed all my enemies with just one blow," I stated.

"I didn't kill them, I just trapped them in a circle of fire," He said, panic rising in his voice.

"Ring of fire. Huh. How cliche,"

"I'm serious, Scarlett!"

Okay, at that, he caught my attention. Nobody--and I mean NOBODY-- called me Scarlett before. "How do you know--" I started but he put me over his shoulder and ran. Oh yeah, and NOBOBY EVER, EVER carries me like that. I grabbed him by the neck and threw him away. He landed on his heels perfectly. I was about to beat him up but when I saw the fire he had made growing, I backed away and headed the opposite direction. When I glanced sideways, I saw the boy running beside me.

I ran faster than I usually do but he had no trouble catching up. Who is this guy? And why can he run as fast as me? I hate to think it but why is he stronger than me? 

When we were far enough from the fire, we stopped in front of a lake. I turned around to face him and I realized that he had hazelnut brown hair. His eyes were piercing green. And he was taller than me by about three inches. And I was tall. When I finished examining him, I yelled. 

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHY DID YOU SAVE ME FROM THOSE KILLER DUDES?!"

He ignored me and asked a question. "Are you alright?"

"What?" I was confused. Those words were never asked to me. NEVER.

"You aren't hurt, are you?" He was about to touch my face when I slapped his hand away.

"Woah, woah, woah. First of all, when I ask a question, you answer it. Immediately. Second, Who do you think you are, huh? Asking me if I'm alright--"

"Scarlett--"

"And how do you know me? And what comes out of your hands? Its kinda like some sort of radiating device isn't it? Is it some sort of flame thrower--"

"Scarlett, I was created too." He mumbled.

"Wha?" I didn't understand. What does he mean by that? Even my super brain can't process what he was saying.

"I was created in a lab, too, to be insurmountable. I'm like you."