Insurmountable Chapter 8

• Dedicated to -EverSo and Blush18

CHAPTER EIGHT

"Wow. Thank you very much, Scar. That makes me feel so much better." Carlie faked a smile.

"Your welcome," I smiled back.

"Well, you two seem to be getting along well." Jake grinned.

Okay, was this turning to a smiling contest now?

"Why aren't you scared of me, Carlie?" I suddenly asked. But I was really curious though. Everyone who saw me ran away like they saw a murderer or something.

Oh, right...

"Scarlett." Carlie said shortly.

"What?" I faced her. Her grey eyes were looking at me kindly.

"No, call me--" Carlie started but Jake suddenly interrupted.

"Carlie. Call her Carlie," Jake widened his eyes at Carlie. Am I the only one getting confused with these two?

"No, I prefer if you call me--" Carlie started once again but Jake cut her off again.

"Carlie!" Jake said at the same time she said, "Scarlett!"

I turned my head to the sound of my name. "What?"

"Ugh.. No, Scar, my name is Scarlett." Carlie finally said. Jake rolled his eyes and crossed his arms against his chest.

"Oh, cool." I replied casually.

"That's it? I was expecting you'd be shocked that you have the same name." Jake stated.

"Monkey, I'm not the only one with the name, Scarlett, okay?" I rolled my eyes. "So, are you going to tell me why you weren't freaked out when you saw me, or not?" I turned to Carlie--Scarlett.

"Ah, where do I start?" She placed a finger on her chin.

Jake let out a yawn. "What time is it? Can you tell the story tomorrow? We came here to get some sleep, not girly gossip time." He stretched out his arms. I have a feeling that Jake is hiding something away.

"Why are you here anyway?" Carlie asked.

"We can't go to my apartment, it's surrounded with cops." He answered.

"Jake," She said threateningly. "What did you do?"

"Didn't you watch the news earlier? I'm getting famous." He pounded his fist against his chest. "Check YouTube, it might be there."

"What's a YouTube?" I asked. I've never heard of it before. I'm guessing it's a kind of clothing...

"No, Scarlett, I'm not telling you 'cause you might destroy it like the last time." Jake narrowed his eyes.

He's still not over the coffee-maker.

I was about to say something smart when I let out an involuntary yawn. When I think about it, I was actually pretty exhausted.

"Well, someone's sleepy. C'mon, Scar, you're sleeping in my room." Carlie said excitedly. 

"Where's that sleeping?" I pointed at Jake.

"Jake's sleeping at the couch, right Jake?" Carlie questioned rhetorically but Jake answered it anyway.

"Yes, because I have to be a gentleman and blah blah blah..." He grumbled.

"Good boy. Come on Scar! Its been a long time since I had someone sleepover!" Carlie squealed. I flinched from the high-pitchness of her voice. We started walking towards her room.