Insurmountable Chapter 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Scar." Carlie called out my name. I shook my head and turned around to face the blonde. 

"Are you okay? You were kind of spacing out." She raised an eyebrow at me as she brought out a suitcase and tossed it on the bed. We were packing for the trip. Well, she is packing while I constantly stare into space.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I forced out a smile. She looked at me dubiously before bringing back her attention to the suitcase.

I sighed. No, I wasn't okay. The scene that happened last night, which I refuse to reiterate, keeps replaying in my head.

And it doesn't make me feel comfortable. At all.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! I smacked my forehead with my fists.

"Hey! Scar!" Carlie gripped on my wrists, causing me to stop pounding my head. "Did something last night that I'm not aware of?"

I gulped. "N-No! Nothing happened! Why would anything happen last night? Nothing happened, it's not like something would happen because I'm sure that nothing would happen last night because nothing really did. Wow, all that talking made me thirsty, I'll go get something to drink." I hurried out of the door as I felt Carlie's gaze on my back.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cupboard. I opened the fridge and got whatever my hand touched first. Apparently, it was milk. I poured a small amount in my glass before chugging it down my throat.

"Morning." 

The voice caused me to jump, which caused me swallow the milk in the wrong way, which caused me to choke.

I put the glass on the counter and coughed, trying to clear my windpipe. Jake rushed to my side and began rubbing my back. I ducked away from him and faced my palm to him, telling him I'm fine by myself.

When I was able to breathe normally again, Jake asked, "Are you okay?"

I nodded awkwardly and stiffly without looking at him. 

Damn, how was I going to get out of here?

"So listen, about last night..." He started.

Oh, shit, shit shit! No! Don't you dare bring that subject up Monkey!

I don't know what I was going to do and I most certainly don't care if I looked stupid but I did what first came to mind.

"Spider!" I pointed at a random floor tile and ran as quickly as I could out of the kitchen. But before I could reach for doorknob for Carlie's room, Carlie suddenly bursted the door open which caused my forehead to hit the door in a painful manner.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! You shouted and I thought there was trouble." She reached for my forehead but I waved her off.

"I'm fine." I muttered.

"Why did you shout then?" She inquired with a tilted head.

"There was a spider in kitchen. Seems like Scarlett is scared of them." Jake leaned casually on the wall with his arms crossed against his chest. His hair was tangled up into a messy mop.

He was looking handsome.

Handsomely ugly. Yeah, that's more appropriate. Pull yourself together, Scar!

"Scar? You're scared of spiders? Of all things..." Carlie stated.

"I am not afraid of spiders." I really wasn't. I just wanted to get away from Jake so I screamed. "I just think it's very unsanitary for a spider to be in place supposedly only for food."