Insurmountable Chapter 10 (Part 2)

CHAPTER TEN (PART 2)

"Wow Scarlett! I'm sure I told you that I'd like to taste your hair!" Jake said at me. I looked at him and saw that my hair was covering his entire face. I scooped my hair and placed it on my left shoulder.

"Thank you," Jake said. His voice has a bit of anger. I adjusted my legs to a more comfortable position. Our chests were just inches away from each other. He steered the bike a little bit faster.

A policeman tried to shoot me but I ducked my head just in time. I stuck my tongue out to the police when I started feeling something wet. I looked over at Jake's jacket, his shoulders were soaked in blood. Still, he steered the bike like nothing happened.

"Jake! You're bleeding!" I said alarmingly.

"I heal quickly, Scarlett, just like you. No need to fuss over it." He explained. "But it's nice to know that you're worrying for me." He wagged his eyebrows.

Irritated, I yanked his hair back. He just laughed it off. 

Stupid monkey.

A high pitch sound filled my ears. Suddenly, the bike started moving unsteadily. I realized that the tires of the motorcycle were hit with two bullets.

"Ah, shit. Jump off!" Jake yelled at me.

"No freaking duh--" I tried to say but Jake grabbed my arms and together, we got off the motorcycle and hit the pavement. Jake moved above me to cover my body with his.

The motorcycle collided with a police car and just like that, they exploded like a supernova. My ears were ringing because of the loud explosion. Jake kept his head down to cover me from the any debris.

When it all ended, I shouted at him. "Move over!" 

He did and we quickly scrambled to our feet. The police cars were backing out and headed the opposite direction. Policemen ran away and started saying information to their walkie-talkies.

"We're too awesome for them to handle," Jake said. I smiled.

The streets looked like a ferocious giant monster attacked the town. Lamps were bent at an awkward position. The roads were bumpy and and the car was still burning due to the explosion.

"I'm starved!" I said.

"Me too, I hope Carlie cooked some steak!" Jake said. "C'mon, they're probably waiting for us." He reached for my hand but I just raised my eyebrows at him.

Sighing, he let them fall back to his side and started walking. I trailed after him.

"Where'd you been all day?" He inquired.

"What are you? My mother?" I retorted. 

"No, your super hot boyfriend." He turned his face so he can wink at me. I introduced him to my little friend I like to call 'middle finger'.

"It's none of your business, monkey." I said in a matter-of-factly tone. His lips moved but the sound that came out of it were incoherent.

After minutes of walking in complete silence, we finally reached Carlie's apartment. Carlie opened the door for us, her blonde hair was a complete mess.

I looked over at the sofa to see the boy earlier, whose name I forgot, sitting on it while reading a magazine. He looked up from it and greeted us. "Oh, you're still alive!" He stood up and stretched his arm at Jake so that they could touch each other's knuckles.

"What have you guys been doing?" I asked Carlie suspiciously, eyeing her messy hair.

"What do you mea--" Horror washed over Carlie's features. Her eyes widened and her face was burning a deep red. "Scar! No! That is gross! We're not even...Eww!"