Insurmountable Chapter 3

CHAPTER THREE

"Huh?" I simply answered with my eyebrows knitted together. I've never been so confused in my life. Existence. Whatever.

"Scarlett, the same person created us--" He tried to explain but I cut him off.

"Okay, I ask, you answer, alright?" I pointed a finger towards him. He nodded. 

"What's your name?" I started.

"Jake." He answered.

"Okay. If you were created by 'our creator'," I made air quotes. "How come I never saw you before? After I escaped the lab, I knew our creator was dead. So there was no way you were created after I was because he's the only one who knows the structures of my--our bodies," I shuddered when I said the word our.

"We were created at the same time, Scarlett--"

"Stop calling me that!" I said impatiently.

"What do you want me to call you then?" He crossed his arms against his chest.

"Scar. It sounds badass, and I'm badass, okay?"

"What kind of name is Scar?"

"What kind of name is Jake?"

"Hey, my name is cool." He smirked. I wanted to slap that expression on his face. Literally.

"Yes, it's very original," My voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Okay, do you want me to finish my story or not?"

I made a face at him but stayed silent.

"We were created at the same time, Scarlett." I wrinkled my nose when he said 'Scarlett' but he ignored me. "You're like the female version of me, my counterpart--"

"How come I never heard of you?" I interrupted his oh-so-boring story.

"I'm getting to that part." He narrowed his eyes. "You never heard of me because...I was a failure. I never showed any signs of supernatural abilities. You, on the other hand, captured the eyes of the world with your superhuman powers. You amazed everyone with that lightning thing you do with your fingers." He wagged his index finger.

"No one ever heard of me. I was like...an experiment. But they didn't kill me though. They just stored me in an isolated room. Waiting for me to die or expire, something like that. Then, you went haywire--"

"Haywire? Seriously? I'm not a robot, okay?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Okay, fine. You went crazy," I was about to interrupt him again but he held his finger, gesturing me to let him finish. "Then you set the lab on fire. I saw you escaping. The fire grew bigger until it burned the building where I was stored. I managed to escape. After that, I never came back."

"You said you were a failure, how come you have supernatural powers now?" I asked.

"Well, after I escaped, I lived on the streets. I stole food from different stores. I never get caught, though. But one night, I tried stealing from a bakery, the baker saw me. He was about to call the police when suddenly, without thinking, I stretched out my palm and felt radiation coming out of it. I closed my eyes, and when I reopened them, the baker was dead. After that, more superhuman abilities showed up and I was like Superman or Batman or--"

"Okay, I get it. But how did you find me though?"

"Oh, there were posters of you everywhere. Then it I recognized your red hair. It was the exact same color of the girl who escaped the lab seventeen years ago. I looked for you everywhere, then I stumbled on a forest and heard a voice. A girly voice. I followed the voice and saw you."

"I do not have a girly voice. Maybe you heard your own voice." I chuckled.

"Anyways, since were together now, where do you want to go?" He walked towards me. 

"Woah, woah, since were together now? First of all, we will never be together. Be grateful that I didn't kill you, asshole. This is the part where we say bye-bye and leave. We will never see each other again, we will never even think of each other EVER again. Understood?" I started walking the opposite direction.

"What? Didn't you hear what I said earlier? You're the female version of me. We were designed to be together. I'm like your Yin to your Yang. Your thunder to your lightning. Your Jackie to your Chan. Your Romeo to your Juli--"

"Listen, monkey brain, you're not anything to my anything, okay? I live alone, I eat alone, I fight alone, I die alone. I will NEVER--I repeat--NEVER need your company. Ever."

"Scarlett--" He began.

"That is it." I turned around to face him and snapped my fingers. I decided not to kill him, but since asked for it, I'll be honored to. Lightning came out of  my fingertips. But before it reached him, he jumped high in the air and landed behind me. He tapped my shoulder but I backed away from him.

I tried snapping my fingers again but he caught my hand.

"Let go," I spat. This was a weird feeling. I always had the advantage in a fight. The thought made me fume with anger. I was about to stick my two fingers in his eyes when he twisted my arm so it was behind my back. He leaned me on a tree and it made me want to eat his brains.

If he had one.

"Ugh, let me go, I have to sleep now--" I started.

"Why didn't you say so? I know a place that's really private--"

"You sick-minded, son of a bi--" Before I finished, he let me go. I turned around to face him. Then kicked him where 'the sun didn't shine'.

He put his hands on his knees. I smiled then stopped when I realized he wasn't hurt. He was laughing.

"Why on earth are you laughing?" I asked. He stood up, grinning.

"Scarlett, I'm superhuman, remember? Sun shines in every part of my body." He wagged his eyebrows.

With that, I hugged a tree, carried it so its roots would come out and threw it against him. I was really pissed at this monkey brain.

"Got it." Jake raised the tree with one hand. He grinned when he saw the look on my face. I cursed a million curses and pulled on my hair.

"Somebody's going haywire. Again." said the monkey.

-------------------------------------------------

It's been a long time since I've updated this story. Sorry if its short. Dedicated to samiam7 (:

Anyways, comment, vote, fan!!