Chapter 8

Lana woke up the next morning with a splitting headache, immediately leaning over to feel the nightstand for her ringing phone. How had she been conscious enough to set her alarm? God, she wanted to punch her last night self.

She looked over at the four message notifications that she had from a contact set as 'Dream', when had she put his number in her phone and had she called him last night? Lana's pulse picked up, she felt like she could throw up her entire stomach. "Mental note to never drink again." She muttered as her phone unlocked. Opening up their messages Lana saw her misspelt words and Dream's panic.

Dream

Don't be like this, seriously.

Lana???

You shouldn't be wandering around a club

Go find sap.

She vaguely remembered shutting off her phone and finding Sapnap immediately after, telling herself that it was because she wanted to, not because Dream had texted her telling her to do just that.

How was she supposed to go downstairs and face him? Maybe she should just lay here for a while, and not leave, but she couldn't do that and she knew it. Thankfully there was the second day of twitch rivals and Dream would not be there. He probably wasn't even awake yet.

A knock on the door shook Lana from her thoughts, "Come in." She called; it was probably Sapnap seeing if she was awake.

Dream stepped through a small opening the door made, his dirty blonde hair was messy, and he had on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie from his merch collection, "Hey." He spoke, stepping closer to the bed where Lana was trying to pull the covers up as much as she could. She reminded herself not to go to bed with only a hoodie on in someone else's house.

"Uhh, sorry about last night. I just put away my phone that's why I didn't answ-"

"Lana, you're fine. I was just worried."

The way he said her name, it was like the four letters lingered on his tongue. He was worried about her too. Dream knew that the event would just be other streamers so there really wasn't anything to worry about.

Yet, he had been.

"Thanks." She mumbled, "I appreciate it."

What should she say? Thanks, Dream, for feeling worried about me, but you really shouldn't because it confuses me. Lana wanted to knock her head into the wall until she had some reasonable thoughts.

"Um," Dream cleared his throat, searching for something to say, "anyways, good luck today, I guess." He ran a hand through his hair, tousling the wavy mass.

"Thanks, I guess." Lana laughed, did he even mean that, or was he feeling just as awkward as she was? Whenever she was in a room with him or on a call it felt like walking on eggshells. Everything turned so... uncomfortable.

Dream nodded and then left the room, leaving Lana alone with her thoughts. So many thoughts that were swirling about and flooding her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lana and Sapnap spent the entirety of the day at twitch rivals, they ended up coming in 5th which wasn't the worst, considering that they could barely get themselves under control. Lana spent most of her time struggling not to break out in laughter during the challenges. Their energy kept the stream entertained and Lana hit the most viewers she'd ever had at once.

"I'm drained." Lana sighed, as she leaned back in her seat, the movements of the car were attempting to lull her to sleep, and she was going to let them.