Chapter 12

Lana stared at the discord message, sighing loudly.

Sapnap

Wanna play bedwars with a group???

Dreammmm will be there...... ;)

No, Lana really did not wanna play bedwars, especially with Dream.

Lanaislame

Sure, give me a sec

She forced herself out of bed, dragging her legs towards her desk. Booting up her pc she bit at her already destroyed nails. It was a bad habit she'd had since she was a kid, but it was one she didn't see herself breaking anytime soon.

She opened up discord on her computer, taking a few breaths before joining the vc.

"Hi!" She heard Karl yell, Quackity was shouting his name over and over again, the call was chaos.

"Uh, hi..." Lana gave a soft laugh, she'd talked with the boys a few times, but she would barely call them acquaintances.

"Lana!" Sapnap crouched his minecraft character by hers, "Dreammmmm, Lana is here."

She could hear the smirk in his voice, "You're not streaming right?" She had completely forgotten to check.

"No, no one is." Dream finally spoke up.

"Why? Did someone accidentally dox someone." Quackity and Karl's fight had finally ended, and they rejoined the main conversation.

"Lana is scared her bf is going to be exposed." Sapnap laughed, his character was running around in circles, hitting hers. He needed to shut up. Lana had agreed to fake dating Dream with only Sapnap's knowledge, not the entire Dream smp's.

"Shut up." She cringed at how Dream was going to react, she wasn't sure why she cared, he was the one who initiated this, and yet, she did.

"Wait what? Boyfriend?!" Karl shrieked, making Lana have to move off her headphones for a second.

"Oh, come on, they're like our best friends." Sapnap spoke, "Can I tell them."

"I don't care." Dream's voice was tired.

"Why would that matt- Wait!" Quackity was beginning to put the pieces together.

"Wait, really?" Karl asked.

I guess Dream didn't mind if they knew, "Uh, yeah."

"That's great, congrats! Dream is great at keeping secrets, I honestly thought he hated you." Quackity laughed.

He wasn't wrong.

"We just didn't want a lot of people knowing at first, you know how my fans are." Dream joined their party while he talked.

"For sure, so are we the only ones who know?"

"Know what?" A British voice joined the vc.

"About Dream's new girlfriend." Sapnap told him, "I was the first to know."

"Chat, it's a joke." Lana heard George awkwardly laugh.

Chat? Shit, he must have been streaming. This was not what she signed up for, God, why had she agreed to this shit.

"Fuck." Dream grumbled after George deafened.

"I had no idea..." Sapnap quickly apologized.

"It's fine, no one did." Lana tried to comfort him; he must think this was really bad. Which it was, although, it was not as bad as if they were actually dating, which was what Sapnap was under the impression was happening. He must feel terrible.

"George can recover it; we joke like this all the time." Karl assured them all.

"I'm just gonna go, I've got some things to finish." Lana spoke up, "Chat didn't hear me so I'm gonna go before they start making assumptions."

Everyone shouted their goodbyes before Lana left the call. She leaned back, taking a deep breath. She felt so awkward the entire time, how was fake dating supposed to work? Normally she would just act like herself around a partner, but Dream didn't like her, so how was she supposed to change so that it could be believable?

When agreeing to this Lana thought that Sapnap would know as well as Dream's family, he would tell them a few things to make them think he was moving on. Maybe she would tell Ingrid, and they would think that Lana was finally taking risks and that her anxiety was getting better. Then at the end of a few months the two of them would agree to end things platonically, and they could both move on. Agreeing to never have to interact ever again.

Now more of Dream's friends knew and 50 thousand people were beginning to speculate if Dream really did have a girlfriend or if it was just one big joke. Maybe she should check twitter, if anyone was suspecting anything then it would be there. Lana knew this was a bad idea, but she couldn't help herself.

She clicked the trending page.

DREAMS GF

Shit.

User289

DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR WHAT SAPNAP SAID???!!!

User45645

Wait, does dream have a gf??

User78952

Dnf is over, fuck dream's gf

At least no one was mentioning her, that was good. She knew that there was no reason for anyone to suspect her of all people, but her anxiety was awful. She'd already been through enough after playing MCC, Dream's fans had attacked her for weeks after. Even when playing valorant with Sapnap they were finding some reason to hate, there were plenty of tweets saying that she was moving on to Sapnap when Dream refused to like her.

She kept scrolling, most of the tweets were the same, arguing over whether or not they were joking, or making a comment about dnf. There was nothing to worry about, Lana could still do this fake dating thing with minimal damage to her mental health, right?