Chapter 21

It was perfect.

The way the sun peeked through the curtains and made the blonde in his hair shine was perfect.

The way his chest rose and fell softly as he breathed was perfect.

The way his arm fell over her waist as if to make sure she wouldn't disappear was perfect.

How could someone who spent so much time making Lana feel imperfect, be perfect to her?

She let her fingers trace the muscle along his arms, memorizing every curve. Dream's mouth turned up into a small smile, "Good morning." His voice sounded relaxed.

"Morning." Lana sat up, breaking herself out of the moment. She was wearing a thin tank top with nothing underneath and she crossed her arms to hide the mark made from her nipples. She stood and made her way towards the bathroom, "I'm gonna take a shower, don't miss me too much."

She shut the door, drowning out the sound of Dream's laughter. The water was warm, but this time she didn't let it burn her skin. Instead, Lana relaxed into the soothing feel of the water, she could dip her body into the stream and not be left with red skin. It felt nice.

The shower had always been the easiest place to think, there she could be alone, left with nothing but the sound of her thoughts.

Lana turned off the water and dried off in front of the mirror, leaning in closer to look at the marks Dream had left along her neck. She'd have to make sure to cover those up before getting back home to Sapnap. She pulled her clothes on and brushed through the tangled mess of hair, giving herself one last look before stepping back into the room.

She had a coffee shop that she wanted them to try before driving back home, and she was ready to tell Dream about it before she noticed his face.

"What? What's wrong?" Lana felt her breath picking up, tightness returning to her chest.

Dream was holding his phone, panic and anger lined his face, "How did they..."

"How did they what? Talk to me..." Lana made her way towards him, sitting on the edge of the bed but Dream moved away. He looked in her eyes, not one bit of warmth could be found in the green. Lana wanted to throw up.

He held up his phone, there was a post from twitter, it was a picture.

A picture of them...

Lana wanted to cry or scream? She wasn't sure, but she knew that at that moment she wanted to be anyone else, be anywhere other than here. She didn't want to be sitting on this bed, knowing that the person beside her hated her for something that she had no control over.

"How?"

Dream shook his head, "That's what I was wondering." His tone was cold.

"You think I had some part in this? You think I staged all of this shit just so I could expose you to fucking twitter?"

"I don't know, but how else would they know where I was?" Dream stood up, staring down at Lana who was still sitting, "They were at the wedding, they could have followed my family home, gotten their information?!"

The picture was of mostly Lana, she was looking back as they were walking to the car. Only the back of Dream's head and a bit of his side profile was showing, not enough to really identify him, but still...

It was scary, and Lana knew how worried Dream must be about his family, but she had no part in this. She would never in a million years endanger him like this. He didn't know her at all if he truly thought she was capable of this.

"It was probably that asshole you were fucking around with all night, I saw you two getting close by the bar." Dream ran a hand through his hair as Lana struggled to hold back her tears. She didn't want to cry right now, not in front of him.

"I didn't do this." She choked the words out.

"Was it for clout? Did you just want more followers from 'dating' me?"

"You're an asshole." Lana wiped away a tear, "You're the one who suggested this, I was ready to move on and never talk to you again."

"You were quick to agree with everything, don't tell me you didn't think about it at least once?" Dream snarled; his worry was turning cruel.

"You have made me feel like I am less than nothing, every chance that you get. I didn't want to spend more time with you, I wanted to disappear and never speak to you again. I did this because I care about people, and I knew what it felt like to have everyone around you think that you're not capable." Lana's tears slipped down her face, "I did this because I have always admired you, and I would never do something that could harm you and your family."

Dream said nothing, and instead grabbed his bags, "I'm leaving, I think it's best you find your own ride."

"What...?"

He was leaving her here.