Chapter 17

"Lana, just breathe, it's gonna be okay."

Lana sighed, they were on their way to the hotel for the wedding, and she knew that in just one hour she would have to meet Dream's family. She was probably more nervous than if she were actually dating him. What if they didn't like her? She knew it didn't matter; they were "breaking up" soon anyways, but still...

"You owe me, big time." She whispered, making sure that Sapnap wouldn't hear. He was watching something on his phone, but every once in a while, he'd pull out an air pod and make a comment on something one of them had said. Lana had told him that his fomo was worse than Dream's, or Karl's. He was even coming with them just to hang around the city while they were at the wedding.

They pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, it looked nice, there were even people in the front that stood waiting with carts for luggage. "Damn." Lana commented, grabbing her pile of blankets and backpack that sat in a mess on the car floor. She suddenly began to wish that she'd worn something other than sweatpants, she looked out of place amongst the men in suits that stood around.

"Dream's treat." Sapnap told her, raising his arms in the air to stretch.

"I can send you some money for this." Lana turned to Dream, who shook his head from the driver's seat.

"My treat."

She shook her head, he paid for everything, and it made her feel bad. She made a mental note to get him coffee some time.

As Lana stepped inside the building, she noticed the floor was made out of shining white tiles, she felt bad for whoever had to keep those clean. There were couches scattered about, and she spotted windows that looked out on the beach near the back. The majority of people looked like they were here for business, but every once in a while, families that held beach towels and baskets walked by.

This was not a place she'd ever thought that she could stay at, let alone afford. Growing up, Lana's family never had a lot of money, she remembered her parents surprising them with nights out to fast food places. She wasn't the biggest streamer, but even that income made her more money than her family had ever had. She bought them things whenever she could, her relationship with them wasn't the best, but she still recognized how hard they had tried.

Sometimes when she joined Sapnap's stream, he and his friends would bet thousands or hundreds of dollars. It always seemed so crazy how indispensable money was to them. Losing a thousand dollars was like nothing.

"Room 305" Dream said, he'd finished checking in and began leading them to the elevators. They waited for an older couple to step out before they began pulling their assortment of luggage and bags in. Lana tried fixing her backpack as it began slipping down her shoulders, knocking her blanket towards the floor.

"Here, let me." Dream grabbed her backpack and slung it over his shoulder.

"Thanks." Lana nodded her head, offering Dream a small smile. He grinned back, rolling his eyes in amusement. "What?" She asked, beginning to blush at his teasing look.

"Why do you look so sad at me helping out?" He laughed.

"Oh, I just felt bad, I don't know..." Lana hadn't realized she'd looked sad to him, she just didn't want Dream to feel annoyed or obligated to help her with her bags.

He just laughed and offered for her to step off first when the doors slid open. It was Lana's turn to roll her eyes as she walked past him. He grinned and then offered for Sapnap to step in front of him, "Oh, thanks man." Sapnap said, pulling his air pods out and stuffing them into their case.

Dream led them to the rooms, they were right next to each other and had the door inside that between them. "My mom is staying at my aunt's, so this is what we have."

"I can take this one and you two have the other?" Sapnap suggested, flopping onto the bed in the first room, there was only one bed in each room and his idea made the most sense, besides the fact that they weren't actually dating, and Lana really did not want to make Dream share a bed with her.

"Lana? Unless you want privacy or something..." Dream trailed off, trying to make a logical suggestion.

"Come on dude, you're her boyfriend, just don't be loud if you're gonna, you know." Sapnap pulled out his phone and began scrolling through various videos. Lana and Dream turned to look at each other, and she nodded at him.

They shut the dividing door behind them, "You can have the bed and I'll sleep on the floor or something." Dream rubbed a hand on the back of his neck.

"Don't be stupid, it's fine, we can share, unless you really don't want to." Lana didn't want him to think she was eager to share a bed, especially if the idea was something that repulsed him.

"I don't mind, but only if you're okay with it..."

"I'm okay with it."

They stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before Lana stepped into the bathroom to shower, she took a deep breath as she stared at her reflection. Why did everything have to be so awkward? That night on the beach it felt like something had changed, but maybe it was because it was just the two of them. Or maybe Dream had just been feeling a little extra nice, he'd told her he had been working on it and she'd begun to see that. There were less and less little comments or glares, but then again, it was probably because he indebted to her right now. No matter the reason, it had made Lana's anxiety lessen.

They had a week or so until they could fake their breakup and move on, never talking to each other again. She knew that Dream probably couldn't wait.