Chapter 18

Lana downed another shot, her mouth puckering at the alcohol. She knew that she should be taking it easy, getting wasted and at a random club in a city she wasn't used to was not something that she particularly enjoyed. But if she was going to get through the night and the rest of this week then she needed all the alcohol in the world. Sure, Dream was being nicer and less insufferable than usual, but still, Lana could not help but feel like her presence was nothing but unpleasant to him.

"Take it easy." She could sense Dream behind her, and she turned, having to tilt her head upwards to meet his eyes.

"This is taking it easy." She smirked before grabbing a second shot from the bar and downing it as well.

"God, Lana." Dream grabbed her arm, but she resisted pulling away from him. "I'm going to dance, join if you want." She looked at him, searching his face for an answer but he kept it expressionless. She wasn't sure what she was waiting for, she knew that Dream would not join her on the dance floor, he barely even drank.

"Go ahead, I'm not in charge of you." He dismissed her with his words, leaning backwards and turning to look at the girl who'd begun ordering beside him. Lana rolled her eyes and walked out onto the center of the floor, letting the music guide her body. It was crazy how much alcohol could change her, normally dancing in a crowd of strangers would be something that Lana would never dare to do but after a few drinks it was like her anxiety just disappeared. She became a completely new person, she felt limitless.

She moved herself to the beat of the song, closing her eyes. Bodies bumped against hers and a pair of hands placed themselves on her waist. Lana turned to see a man behind her, dancing up against her. He was brunette with dark eyes, not bad looking at all. He smirked and she smiled back, continuing to dance, not moving his body off of hers. His head tilted downwards, and she could feel his breath against the back of her neck, "God, you look so good in that dress." He whispered in her ear.

Lana opened her eyes and turned to see Dream still standing at the bar, but his eyes were trained on her, his face not giving away a single thought. She stared right back and kept dancing, drawing the man closer. Lana kept her eyes on Dream as she turned her body to face the man she was dancing with, letting his head fall into the crook of her neck.

That was it, the final straw, Dream set his glass on the bar and made his way across the room, grabbing Lana's arm and pulling her from the man.

"What the fuck?" The dude asked, but he shut up when he saw the way Dream was looking at Lana as he pulled her away.

"Yeah, what the fuck? I was dancing."

"You've drunk enough, it's time to go." Dream kept guiding her out of the club.

"I thought you weren't in charge of me?" Lana challenged him, making Dream pause for just a moment and turn towards her.

"Alright, well do you want to go back in there and keep dancing with him?" He asked, "I'm leaving, stay or come with."

Lana rolled her eyes, God he was annoying, "I'm coming." She pulled her arm out of his grasp and followed after, taking extra steps to keep up with his long strides, "You're walking too fast." She complained as she struggled to keep up, her head felt fuzzy, and walking was hard enough as it was.

They'd decided to go drinking after dinner and walked to the nearest club by their hotel. Lana had settled on a short dress and long heels, which she was now regretting. "God." Dream grumbled, he scooped her up in his arms and kept walking. Lana gasped in surprise, "Put me down!" She struggled against his grasp, but he didn't let up.

"You're too drunk to walk, especially in those heels, stop fighting."

Lana felt herself blushing, she didn't want to be too heavy for Dream even though he didn't seem like he was struggling with the weight. "I'm too heavy for you to carry." She whispered, but still he kept walking. Eventually she felt herself relaxing, clearly her weight was no issue to him.

"Thank you for taking care of me." Lana whispered to him as they entered the elevator, Dream didn't answer but she felt his hands hold her a little tighter. They got to their room and Dream held up a finger to his lips, motioning to her that Sapnap was sleeping. Lana nodded drowsily, as Dream set her down on the bed. She knocked her heels off and stumbled towards the bathroom, "Take a shower, you reek of alcohol."

Lana rolled her eyes and held up a middle finger before she shut the door behind herself. She leaned against the counter, waiting for the water to start steaming up the mirror. That was how she liked her showers; Dream was one of those freaks that took them early in the morning and kept the knob on the blue snowflake.

The water left her skin a slight pink color, but she still shivered as she jumped out of the shower, the ac must have been on 60 or something. She shook her hair out and wrapped it up in a towel, looking around the room for the pajamas she'd forgotten to bring to the bathroom with her. All there was on the floor was her dress from the club and one of Dream's t-shirts. The water had cleared away most of drunkenness, but Lana's brain was still slightly fuzzy. It'd be fine if she borrowed it, right? Dream would be able to suck it up if it pissed him off. She pulled it over her head and slowly opened the door, turning off the light before, just in case he was already sleeping.

Dream was sleeping on the small couch in the corner of the room, and Lana smiled slightly before she shook his arm gently, "Get up, come to bed."

"Huh?" He seemed confused, but Lana guided him up and towards the bed, "It's fine, you can have it."

"Dream, stop being stupid." She lifted up the covers and pushed him playfully onto the mattress, "I'll make a pillow wall if you're so scared to sleep near me." She noticed that Dream was staring at the shirt she was wearing, and she felt her cheeks flush dark red.

"It looks better on you."

"You're dumb." She slapped his arm, "Now, go to sleep."

Lana pulled the covers over herself and she turned to face the opposite wall, she lifted a cold hand up to her cheek and let the heat of her blush warm her fingers. Why had he said that? Did he think she wouldn't remember tonight?