Chapter 13

It didn't get better.

In fact, the rest of that week was full of trending topics all revolving around Dream's girlfriend. For once Lana was grateful that Dream had been so publicly rude, no one was guessing it could be her. She wasn't even sure why they were really doing this fake dating thing; she didn't even live in Orlando so how was his family supposed to know that she was even real? It just felt like the only thing that either of them were getting out of this was being forced into calls because of Sapnap. They barely even interacted while there, always coming up with excuses that they were leaving to facetime or call alone. Of course, once logging off they never called, but they needed some reason to escape each other.

Dream

Can we call?

Why did he want to call?

Lana

Sure...?

Lana heard the familiar ring of a discord call, taking in a deep breath before answering. "Hi." She sighed, getting ready for whatever this was going to be.

"My mom wants to meet you, she's angry that I didn't introduce you last time."

Lana choked back her vomit, "Meet me? I- uh, I don't know." Meet his family? That seemed like a big step, and Lana wasn't even actually dating him.

"It's a lot, I know." Dream sounded tired, upset even, "You wouldn't believe the messages I've been getting, trying to guess who you are."

It was weird to hear him say that. People were trying to guess who she was, but they thought it was Dream's actual girlfriend. Lana was just Lana, not Dream's real girlfriend, just his fake one.

"I've seen it trending every single day. They're committed, I'll give them that." She laughed softly, this whole thing really was funny, but just as long as they didn't know who she was.

"My mom is taking my family on a trip, she invited Sapnap and you." Dream waited for Lana's response, but there wasn't one, "I'll pay for everything."

She'd agreed to this, she couldn't just leave him in the dust when it came to actually being a fake girlfriend.

"Sure." That wasn't so hard.

"I'll send you all the details, thanks." Dream told her before leaving the call. God, what had she gotten herself into, the first trip had been hell enough, but now she was going to have to spend all of her time with him?

Spending time with Dream was not something that Lana was annoyed by, in fact, she didn't really find him annoying. But he was the one who hated spending time with her, and that was what made her dread it more than anything else. Having to watch someone dread every second they're with you is misery.

"Ingrid!" Lana called; she might as well tell them.

Ingrid was laying on the couch, the sound of viral TikTok sounds blaring from their phone. "Yeah?" They sat up, staring at Lana.

"I'm gonna go back to Orlando for a bit." Lana wasn't sure how she was going to explain this, but all she knew was that Ingrid was not going to get the entire truth.

"What, why? You were texting me the whole time you were there last, you hated it." Ingrid shut off their phone, giving their friend their whole attention.

"I know, but it's just that... I haven't really been honest, and it's because I've been seeing someone and I was worried to say anything, because I felt like if I did then-"

Ingrid interrupted her, "You're seeing someone??? Sapnap?!"

Of course, they would think that.

"Um, no..."

"Dream?!" They watched as Lana slowly nodded her head, "No... Lana! You hate him and he hates you."

"I never said I hated him."

"Okay, but he hates you, at least I thought he did." Ingrid was confused, and Lana didn't blame them.

"He didn't want the fans to catch on to anything." God, she felt horrible.

"Well, this is a lot to process, but as long as you're happy then I'm happy. He'd just better be treating you right, please tell me he is?!"

Lana nodded, forcing a fake smile and pulling Ingrid into a hug. She was an awful friend, and it made her nauseous.

Lana was already over it and everything was just beginning.