Chapter 25

Dream tried apologizing, over and over again, but Lana never picked up and she never replied to any one of his texts. It wasn't enough, and frankly, she didn't want any of his apologies to be enough. They were done.

He had hurt her over and over again, and she was ready to forget about him.

Eventually, Lana was able to start streaming with Sapnap and George. A lot of the chat had moved on, but there was always the occasional comment. She did her best to ignore it, but it always left a pang in her chest. It was difficult to remember him, sometimes in the night she'd wake up from a dream, where everything was good. They were still friends, and he'd never lied or used her.

Dream had never made a tweet or told anyone about the truth, after that phone call, Lana had thought he might finally tell the truth, at least clear her name. She didn't want him to out the girls, they were too young for all of that, but she'd hoped he would say it wasn't her. It wasn't clear what he was waiting for, but by now she figured he just didn't want to admit that he had been wrong. That he had thrown her into the fire she hadn't started.

"Are you gonna say yes?" Ingrid asked, they were peering over Lana's shoulder at the message she'd gotten. She had been invited to MCC for the second time, and she wasn't sure if she'd say yes.

"Someone backed out, so I would have to fill their spot on the team." Lana bit at her already short fingernails.

"So? What's wrong with that?" Ingrid flopped back onto the couch, reaching their hand into the bag of candy that was lying beside them.

"It means the teams have already been chosen, so I can't ask them to make special accommodations..." Lana would have requested that she wasn't placed on Dream's team, but there was now a 1/8th chance that she would be.

"Ask him if you are."

"I don't want to seem like I'm being dramatic or making a scene! They'll never invite me back." Lana was anxious, she didn't want to make this a big deal, but she was really worried. It had been months, but she wasn't sure she'd fully moved on. Parts of her still hurt.

"Lana, you either ask or you don't, and you either take the spot or you don't." Ingrid always laid stuff out like it was easy, there were always two choices with them. While for Lana, it was like there were a million different roads and paths that she could choose from, it made things so complicated.

"Okay fine." Lana hesitated, but then she typed out her reply and sent it before she could think about it.

"What did you say!? You didn't let me read it first!" Ingrid jumped up, and grabbed Lana's phone, "You're so grown up." They crooned, planting a kiss on her cheek.

Lana had told them yes, and that was that. It was up to fate to decide. It was time she really moved on, and if the universe wanted to throw her into the lion's den, then she would go with a somewhat mature attitude.

"They're typing!!!" Ingrid screamed, throwing the phone back at their friend.

Lana grabbed it, swiping out of the chat, she didn't want them to think she was sitting and waiting for a reply.

"You look at it first." She handed her phone back to her roommate; it was best if they looked at it first and then Lana could brace herself based off of Ingrid's facial expressions.

"Oh..." Ingrid looked a little worried, but they put on a smile, "You got this."

"Shit." She was on Dream's team; she truly had the worst luck in the world.

"You're ready for this." Ingrid stroked her hair.

Maybe it was time, and this was what she needed, a shove in the right direction.