Part 9

"Are you alright?" Sweet honey suckling smooth voice full of care and warmth washes into Harry's ears and down through the rest of his body. Motherly. Affectionate.

Moonlight simple soft words convey so much that Harry's heart flutters at the hope of hearing that voice over and over again. The white wolf with gentle green eyes has never been so alluring and charming, Harry simply twists around to wrap his arms around the wolf neck. 

"Yes, now that you are here. Never leave me, please!!!" Harry pleads with so much desperation it hurt his heart. Moonlight in return curls some more around the boy. She knows that scent of how needy a puppy is and she would gladly be the female carer if it means he is to return to being happy.

While the two have their moment of strengthening the already growing bond, the female witch stutters and blinks multiple times. 

'How can he accept the wolf so easily? How can he still want her after all the info I just given him?' Hermione just shakes her head in disbelief and heads to her common room. If Harry won't listen then it is now in my hands to save him. It might even mean him hating me like Malfoy.  

Her heart is heavy in fear of Harry's rage but she knows what she is doing is right. A dangerous animal shouldn't be close to Harry, especially if it is linked to the death eaters. 

With the decision made Hermione heads to see professor McGonagall and Dumbledore.

.

.

.

.

.

Hermione p.o.v.

"Um, professor.."

"Miss Granger, I expected more from you. What are you doing out of your bed and out of the common room?" The lady leans against the desk of her classroom as I stand fiddling with my robe.

"Um, it is concerning the white wolf Moonlight."

"Yes, what has happened?" the professor asks me. Gulping down my nerves I tell her.

I tell her everything that I knew of the wolf and see how McGonagall's expression changes from worry to fear. When finished I am panting and tears are streaming down my face. 

"What are we to do professor?" I ask.

"Let us go speak with dumbledore." She ushers me up to the headmaster's quarters.

"Ah Minerva, Miss Granger, what can I do for you two?" Dumbledore comes to sit at his desk.

"Dumbledore, miss granger has informed me of some news about that white wolf Moonlight that Mr. Potter has at his side." McGonagall tells him while more tears flow down my face. 'please don't hate me for this Harry.' I think to myself as the professor tells the headmaster.

"Ah, that would be worrisome. Alas, some measures might have to be taken. But I ask you Miss Granger, has Moonlight done anything threatening to Harry or anybody?"

"Well, she has snarled at Draco Malfoy and -"

"Albus Dumbledore I wish to speak with you immediately." Lucius! Oh no! I turn to see him walking in along with his son Draco.

"Granger." Malfoy sneers at me

"Malfoy," I reply with the same poison on my tongue.

"What is it?" Dumbledore addresses Malfoy Senior as Minerva places her hands on my shoulders.

"My son has told me a white wolf under the property of Harry Potter saved him from the beast that nearly attacked him during one of the classes here with..."