Part 14

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomstick. Is there no chance of fixing it?" Lupin asks me.

"No." I respond. Eyes glued on Moonlight walking slowly around, prowling like the wild wolf she is. Ears flickering and paws moving silently.

"Professor, why do the dementors affect me so? I mean, more than everyone else?"

"Listen." Hedwig flies above our heads heading to a rock near the lake. Moonlight walks legs deep in the water. Her head lowers as her tongue laps up the liquid.

"Dementors are the foulest creatures to walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory...until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences. You are not weak, Harry." Lupin turns to look at me. "Dementors affect you most because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

"I'm scared, professor," I confess not caring about Moonlight hearing. She has a right to know how I feel.

"I'd consider you a fool if you weren't." Lupin continues to walk.

"I need to know how to fight them. You could teach me. You made the one on the train go away." I say.

"There was only one that night."

"But you made it go away." We make it to where Moonlight and Hedwig are. The bird flaps and stands on her back, the two white creatures clash well.

"I don't pretend to be an expert, Harry. But as the dementors seem to have developed an interest in you...perhaps I should teach you. But after the holidays. For now, I need to rest." Hedwig flies off and Moonlight comes over to my side.

Winter comes close and soon it is the next Hogsmeade visit. I am up in the clocktower looking down to the group of students heading to the Hogsmead. Moonlight is licking her belly and down there.

"Last call for Hogsmead! Come on, now!" We can hear Filtch call to the students.

I walk back down to my room and grab my invisibility cloak. I walk along with the snow but don't see my footprints. The twins do and grab my arms leading me back to the school.

"Guys, let me go."

"Clever, Harry."

"But not clever enough."

"We've got a better way." Moonlight stays inside watching the twins bring me back.

"I'm trying to get to Hogsmeade."

"We know. We'll get you there."

"We'll show you a quicker way."

"If you pipe down."

"Bless him." The twins say one after the other.

"Let me go! Come on, guys. Don't..." The twins bring me to a secluded spot near the stairs that lead up to the clock tower.

"Come and join the big boys." The twins pull the cloak off my head.

"What are you doing?" the twins shush me and hands me a long piece of parchment.

"What's this rubbish?"

""What's this rubbish" he says"

"It's the secret to our success."

"It's a wrench giving it to you..."

"But we've decided your needs are greater than ours."

"George, if you will." Fred points to his brother on his left to pull out his wand.

"I solemly swear that I am up to no good." He points his wand to the parchment and the paper begins to show a design and writing.

"Messrs. Moony, wormtail, padfoot and prongs... are proud to present the Marauder's Map."