Part 10

In the common room, the already hot air from the fireplace heats even more as the two teenagers enter behind the wolf. Moonlight turns to hop onto the sofa and lay on her left side with her front legs on the armrest of the sofa watching the two.

"I can't believe you..." Harry sneers with eyes aflame in anger. 

"H-Harry...I-I can...explain." Hermione stutters to calm the boy but the glare pierced at her shuts her up real quick.

"Could you? Could you really explain to me ...WHAT THE HELL YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE DOING!?" Harry shouts and startles Moonlight a moment but she settles knowing it is natural reaction for the boy to express. "Do tell me why the FUCK LUCIUS FUCKING MALFOY and his git of a son were there, claiming, Moonlight is theirs when clearly she isn't. She. Is. MINE!" The last word got Hermione to flinch and Moonlight ears to flex back against her skull. 

Her mate isn't mad. He is enraged and clearly getting possessive over her. 'I wonder if it because of the full moon?' she thinks tilting her head. She watches how Harry turns his back on the witch, eyebrows furrowed, lips pulled apart slightly, he breathes coming out in seething huffs. 

"Harry, I told you...I read in the library of a white wolf with green eyes the same description that Moonlight holds and well...I-I just was looking out for you. She could be helping the death eaters or trying to gain your trust to lure you to Sirius Black to bring you to you-know-who! I was worried about you!" Harry trying to hold it all together turns back. The death glare silences her up once more as he turns to look at her. 

Fists clenched at his side and breath rabid, Moonlight tucks her left paw behind the sofa armrest. Hot furious blood pumping out rage rushes over to her and the scent is one even she knows that he is not in a good mood. This is not going to end well and it is best for her to not interfere or she might be punished. Punished...the thought sends ripples of unknown feelings through her fur but this is not the time to reminisce on these things.

"I thought you loved her. You said it before you liked her but the moment you read something that seems to be close to my Moonlight! You accuse her of everything that you think is unsafe for me. Huh!? IS THAT IT?  YOU THINK I AM UNSAFE AROUND EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING I HOLD DEAR! MOONLIGHT IS MINE AND NOBODY IS GOING TO TAKE HER AWAY! GOT IT!?" Hermione opens her mouth multiple times but finally clamps them shut and nods, tears in her eyes once more that will be let loose later.

"Good. now get out before I really do something reckless." Hermione lowers her head down and runs off to her room.

Harry turns to look at Moonlight. She gazes back at him and already sensing what he wants. With no words needed to be told she jumps off the couch and head over with head lowered showing submission. She knows a person's limit when enraged and she never wants to cross it with her mate. He breathes out his frustration before placing a hand on her head which she freezes unsure what the gesture means. Right now, he is in a dominant aura and mindset, her trying to explain herself will only get her in trouble.

"I am sorry. Lets...let's go to bed." She nods and head off with him behind her where she is in his line of sight.

'Nobody is taking her away. EVER!' Harry growls in his mind as they enter the dormitory with the other males snoring. The thought alone that his wolf, his pet, being in a room with other males surges a growl in his throat threatening to sound out but doesn't.

Harry heads to change clothes. His hands are gripping the bottom of his shirt ready to lift it up and over his head but stop looking to where the wolf heads to. Oh no, she is not leaving my line of sight. "Moonlight." Harry pushes his deep tone to the back of his mind.

The wolf ears perk up and look back at him. Her mate never used such deep tones before. She is afraid of what will happen now that Harry, her precious innocent mate, is in his alpha form and mindset. "Come here." A simple command with no room for question or tease. She moves slowly paw after paw over to where he mate is. "Good. Stay there where I can see you. I am not risking you being out of my line of sight until I know everyone will back off of what is mine."