Part 16

"Beautiful day. Isn't it?" Hermione walks happily.

"Unless you've been ripped to pieces!"

"Ripped to pieces? What are you talking about?" Harry asks.

"Ronald has lost his rat."

"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!"

"Rubbish."

"Harry, you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers is always lurking about. And Scabbers is gone."

"Well, maybe you should take better care of your pets!"

"Your cat killed him."

"Did not."

"did"

"Didn't"

The trio walks to Hagrid's hut and makes it to the lake. They find Hagrid half calf in the water skipping stones with his pants up to not get wet.

"How did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" Hermione asks.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there." Hagrid begins to say.

"I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers."

"And then Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine. He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as he look at you."

"And then?" Hermione presses on.

"And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius."

"They're not sacking you!" Ron exclaims.

"No, I'm not sacked. Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!" Hagrid threw a rock and made it thump in the water as he begins to cry.

"So sorry Hagrid." The three sympathize with their giant friend. 

"Oh and Harry where is Moonlight?" Hagrid sniffs at the boy.

"Um, I am not sure. She was wolf-napped and we searched everywhere but there is no trace of her." More cracks run along with his heart, just by speaking about his one and only love. His protector. His mate. His moonlight. Tears couldn't stop now from running down his eyes.

"Oh sorry to hear that. Why don't you go back to the castle and get hot cocoa?" Harry nods and heads off.

"Hermione and Ron, wish to say something to you two before you head off." The two glance at each other and nod at the half-giant.

"At the hearing, there was a white wolf just like Moonlight, with a chain around her body, and was at Lucius Malfoy's side." Hermione's and Ron's eyes widen.

"Lucius dognapped Moonlight!" Ron exclaims not believing it.

"Ay, she, though, didn't seem like herself. I noticed her eyes were cobalt blue, not the green they had."

"She must be under a spell. Oh Hagrid, Harry must not learn that Malfoy took Moonlight. He will go ballistic or worse." Hermione's mind moves to when she tried to tell the male of Moonlight's secrets. He went through so much suffering with just that. Nearly killed himself when he learned that Moonlight could not be found. "Hagrid, Ron, Harry must definitely not be told of Moonlight's whereabouts." The three nod.

Harry himself though didn't go back to the castle, he leaned against a tree and is trying so hard not to curse someone. Green eyes shadowed by his bangs, fists clenched tightly by his side and shaking in pure rage. The Malfoys have crossed a line. They will wish they had never taken what belongs to him. Heading back to the castle for real this time, an angry Potter begins to plan. Betrayal enforces his movements some more. His friend would keep a secret like that from him. How dare them? He trusted them and yet they hold secrets from him. What do they think he is? A child! A ferocious growl bursts out of Harry as his eyes, unbeknownst to him, flickers from dark green to red. He is going to get revenge but first, he needs his mate by his side.

"Broaden your minds. Must look beyond. The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner Eyes." It is Trelawney class once more. "Only then can you see. Try again, my dear."

Harry stares with full focus on the ball in front of him. Mind clear on what he wants and the dark mists in the ball circles. A vague shadow begins to shine through and with another tired mental push, he sees what he wants. A dark cellar, wet from the dripping water coming through the cracks, moldy in some small spots. The image flashes following along a thick silver chain up to a sleeping white form. Moonlight. It is true! The cane and silver long hair show, Malfoy! Lucius stands over Moonlight as she sleeps. Harry observes some more as Moonlight's eyes open and cobalt blue eyes shine more than her regular green. Hagrid is right, it is Moonlight, and she is under a spell. Harry clenches his fist under the table to control his rage. He has been thinking over what to do to get his wolf back. Waiting to see if anyone does anything for him is futile since classes are still going on hold; well he can't expect the whole school to search for her. Going to Dumbledore will be the first step, if he shows or says that his hands are tied, Harry will move on to plan b which is getting stronger. Learn every spell, every potion, everything needed to go to Malfoy and save his mate.

"Mate, you alright?" Ron pulls him out of his thoughts. Glancing at Hermione and Ron. They look at him cautiously and with a bit of worry. Surely an act they are good at playing on him. Holding back any growls threatening to echo out of his throat, he remains cool and collected. Murder cannot be planned aloud.

"Yeah, just a slight headache." The two shrug him off and resume to endure this class.

Clenching his robe, Harry tries very much to hold back cursing his ex-friends. They know of Moonlight; they know who kidnapped her and they fucking have the audacity to hold this information from him. "Scuse me."

Harry not wanting to stay in their awful presence stands up and leaves. If they fucking think he will remain gullible to their deceit, they are dead wrong. Not being able to hold back any longer, Harry shoves into an empty classroom. Waving his wand around the room, he lets Zeus' rage flow from inside him out onto every object in the classroom. All the spells he currently knows, he shoots with absolute blindness. After draining himself of his magic, panting in sweat, he leaves the classroom not bothering to clean up the mess.

"Harry, you skipped class! Why? What is going on? If this is about Moonlight..." Harry grinds his teeth when she mentions her name. Hermione should have no right in mentioning his missing mate. Hermione being as arrogant as Ron and the whole wizarding world is, seems to forget how painful it is for Harry to be constantly reminded of the missing wolf at his side.

"Hermione, I don't want to talk about it." Harry says through clenched teeth. He does not want them to know he knows. He wants to see how long it will be before they come clean of the secret he too knows about.

"Moonlight will be fine." Yes, being possessed by a foul git. They are making their way down to Hagrid's hut. Why? Harry will never know. There are many other places for them to be, a certain place Harry himself wants to be to help him get stronger.

"Hermione is right, Harry. Moonlight is strong. Have faith in her." Harry does have faith but not even a wolf-like her cannot fight forever. She has fought and now, she will be the one being saved as Harry will fight. Fight for her, with her, forever.

"Ah, look who is here. I see your pet is not here though, Potter. What happened? Left you because you could not feed her properly." Harry's fingers curl around his wand but Hermione is quick enough to stop him.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Hermione pulls her wand out and pins it on Draco's neck. Thoughts of not just about what Buckbeak has to go through but the secret information that Hagrid told her about his pathetic father controlling Moonlight.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it." Ron stops the girl and Draco whimpers against the rock. Ron knows too well that more anger toward the git is from the Moonlight napping case. He too wants to hex the git more than anything but that isn't the Gryffindor way.

Hermione lets her wand down and turns away as Draco begins to chuckle. She turns around with a full blow to his nose, punching him straight and true. He groans at the blow. He runs off with Crabbe and Goyle after him. Harry respects her actions and he too wished it was him who punched Malfoy. No, not a single punch but plenty to make Malfoy bleed just as Moonlight has undergone. He certainly didn't miss the dark puddle near Moonlight when he looked into the crystal ball.

'Moonlight, please wait for me. Hold on a little longer. I am coming to save you.' Harry thinks while gazing beyond the horizon. Jaw and fists clenched tight, determination swirling in his eyes,