Part 13

I stand near the stands, eyes keeping a strong frozen gaze on his figure. Cloak flapping behind him, rain wetting his hair and having it glisten under the flashes of lightning. He flies above the swishing bodies of Hufflepuff and Gryffindors. 

The crowds cheer for both teams but that simply backgrounds music to me. My whole attention is fixed upon that red and gold robe, black hair, and lean body that flies down. He must have found the snitch.

'Harry Potter has located the snitch, Diggory hot on his tail!' The announcer confirms my thoughts. 

They go straight down and swirl around as the gold ball changes direction heading up in the sky. My ears lay flat back against my skull afraid of how far that blasted flying ball would go. 

"I hope he will listen to me," I whine under my breath as my eyes lose sight of him in the clouds.

I walk forward a few steps forward, shines pouring through my mouth and ears flat against my head in fear. Where is he? The lightning and thunder light the skies and I see him. Running forward, I walk in circles with my head keeping an eye on his body. He is unconscious. 

"Warf! Warf! Warf!" I bark out loud against the rain. I bark and bark, circling on the spot and my heart stops beating a few times. Why won't anybody catch him? I let out a howl over the sounds of the rain.

Gasps ring around and Dumbledores voice bellows out. My heart is able to beat again as his body slows down and lowers down on me. Glancing over to him, his breathing is soft and luckily I can hear his heartbeat. Faint but okay. 

"Warf!" I bark out loud and run off to madame Pomphrey at the hospital wing. I run and run as fast as I can carrying my mate. Pain filters through me in worry. Whines fly out of my nose as my paws fly over the skiddy hallways. Bad enough I was in the rain getting my paws wet, the castle isn't exactly fur rugs everywhere. 

Skidding slightly past the hospital wing door, my claws tap on the floor sliding through the doors. White beds align the room with candles illuminating the place.

"Arghf! Arghf! Arghf!" I bark in the grand room.

"What on earth? Oh my, come sweety." the slightly pissed madame Pomphrey comes over to me and guides me to a bed where she levitates Harry's body on the bed.

"Here, to get you warm." She lays two towels on the bed near Harry's feet. I jump without a command-up and curl myself around. My back facing the windows and my eyes cast straight on Harry. the elder lady lays a thick blanket on my fur warming me up from the cold rain from outside on the pitch before attending to Harry.

"Hm, dementors. just have to rest my dear." She speaks out loud like I can understand her which I clearly can. reaching forward, I lick her hand in thanks. Her eyes swerve over to me and lower with a smile on her face.

the same hand that I licked lifts over my skull and rubs calming some of my nerves. Waddling on my legs, I move further up on the bed so my head can lay on Harry's chest. his heartbeat, steady and alive, calm the rest of my nerves. Closing my eyes, I rest against my mate who nearly gave me a heart attack. I am so going to scold him later for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I groan awake as voices surround me.

 "He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?"

"Peaky? What do you expect? He fell over 100 feet."

"Let's walk you off the tower and see what you look like."

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does," I respond to the twins. Opening my eyes, I close them immediately as a hot tongue is lathering saliva all over my face. 

"Moonlight, stop!" I try pushing her off but she continues to lick, even got her tongue in my mouth.

"Alright, lass, leave the poor boy alone." Moonlight whines pulling back and stopping slobbering on me.

"You always have to do that?" I ask her, wiping most of the saliva off my face with the sleeve of my shirt. I still have my Gryffindor clothes on.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asks on my right.

"Oh, brilliant. besides the slobber shower, I just got." I responds.

"You have us a right good scare mate," George says to my left, one of his hands is raking over Moonlight's back.

"What happened?" I ask memory still fuzzy.

"Well, you fell off your broom."

"Really? I meant the match. Who won?" I wonder out loud.

"No one blames you, Harry. Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore's furious." Hermione tells me.

"There is something else you should know too," Hermione says.

"When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow, and..." Ron uncovers the broken broom.

"Well..." Ron picks up a broken broomstick.

I look down at it in sadness but my eyes catch Moonlight. Her eyebrows are narrowed and her paws have crossed over each other with her claws out. I know that look too well. I am going to get a lecture later on.

"Anyway, mate, see you around." the twins get up from leaning on the railing of the bed, reaching to ruffle Moonlight fur before walking out. The rest of the team leave and Ron guided Hermione out.

Once everyone is out, I wince finally at the glare being sent my way. Here comes the lecture.

"What did I tell you?" Hearing it is even worse than imagining it.

"To come back down when entering the clouds." I hang my head. Geez, is Moonlight my pet, mate, or mother? I can't decide but Moonlight sure has all those qualities. She scares me and comforts me. A dangerous combination that not even Mrs. Weasley that challenge.

"Then tell me, Harry, where are you precisely?" she asks raising herself up on her behind, no longer at eye level. Yep, definitely mother material.

"In the hospital wings because I tried to catch the snitch and got sucked on by dementors," I answer softly and don't look in her eyes.

Moonlight opens her mouth to speak once more but the hospital wing doors opening shuts her up. a student with his friends and a professor comes in. Pomphrey excuses me out of bed.

Sighing, I take off the covers and walk off to the Gryffindor locker room to change. Moonlight walks in front of me, head raised and without even seeing her expression, I know she is not in the mood of being a wolf pet. Feels like she is the warden and I am the escorted prisoner. My mind turns over trying to think of some way for her forgiveness. hm, maybe some time alone and in human form can calm her tense muscles.