06 | coffee

. . .

╔══════════════╗
9 March, 2021
╚══════════════╝

8 days. It had been 8 days since Chan joined the office and to my surprise everything's going peacefully. The reason is because I don't see him much. He comes way before any of the employees arrive and probably leaves after everyone else does. He's in his office most of the time. He scarcely comes out that is to see if the employees are on time and working properly. In these 8 days, I haven't talked to him even once. Even when our eyes somehow meet, we quickly avert our gazes. We're like total strangers. At least we pretend to be.

"Hey, Minie. Do you want to have lunch with me and Jeongin?" I questioned, leaning against Seungmin's desk.

"I don't think I can....." He replied, his eyes moving over his messy desk. "I've to finish this till Saturday."

I cocked a bro, pinching Seungmin's chin, examining his face. "You look like a mess." I concluded after seeing his sunken in face, messy hair and dark eyebags.

"Did you even sleep for days?" I questioned, placing hand on my hips.

"I didn't. I've to finish verifying these papers and organise them." Seungmin replied.

"I'll help you. How much more work do you have left?" I asked. Seungmin sighed pointing at a stack of papers below his desk. I gasped.

"Even if you help me and we stay up all night, I don't think I can complete it." He spoke, ruffling his hair in frustration. "I'm screwed."

"As for you Mr. Kim, I'll assign some more work to you. Hope you don't mind."

"Minie. Who made you do this?" I asked, my jaw clenching upon his answer.

"The new director assigned me to do-- Wait! Where are you going with that?!" He said, holding my hand, stopping me from walking away with his progress paper.

"To talk with him. He's doing this on purpose." I spoke, shaking his hand of mine, anger seeping in through my veins.

"You don't have to do that, Aera. I'm fine-- No, no, no. Aera. No! Jeongin where are you?!" Seungmin screeched as I gave him a don'ttrytostopme glare before stomping towards Chan's office.

I banged the door open, storming in his cabin angrily. He was sitting on his chair, his coat lying on the couch and a first few buttons of his shirt undone. A pair of black rimmed glasses rested on bridge of his nose as he did some paper work. He glanced up at me, his eyebrow raised.

I clenched my jaw, shutting the door loudly before striding towards his desk and slamming the paper on it. He eyed me before picking up the paper and reading it. He kept the paper down without a change in his stoic expression, making me more annoyed.