13 | pull ring

. . .

╔══════════════╗
15 March, 2021
╚══════════════╝

"Damn, you leaving with us today?" Seungmin asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I can do this at home." I spoke.

"She doesn't want Minho to be alone. She's just concerned." Jeongin butted in. He wasn't completely wrong. It was one and main reason why I was going home. The other reason was I didn't want to be near Chan. I absolutely didn't want to be at even 16m proximity near him. After the way he just yelled at me, I couldn't do much but avoid him as much as I can.

"Let's go." I said picking up my bag as both, Seungmin and Jeongin nodded.

"What a rare sight to see Aera walk out of office with us." Seungmin giggled.

"Come to think of it. She stays at office more than her own home." Jeongin said as I rolled my eyes.

"See you guys tomorrow." I waved walking out of the building.

"I can leave you ho--" Seungmin was speaking when I cut him off.

"It's fine, I'll take the bus." I said. Seungmin was about to protest when Jeongin grabbed his hand.

"You can drop me if you want, hyung." Jeongin batted his eyelashes as Seungmin pushed him away, disgusted.

"Don't ever do that again or I'll really smack your face." Seungmin grumbled as I laughed, waving at them one last time before walking towards the bus stop.

I stood there waiting for the bus along with other people. The roads were busier at this hour with vehicles speeding and zooming past each other. The clatter of people was louder. It was noisy. Very noisy. I sighed.

The bus arrived as I jumped in, paying my fare. It was crowded. There was no empty seat left.

Uhh, I hate standing.

Holding onto the pull ring, I barely managing to hold onto my bag and other things. The bus started moving. A bumpy ride wasn't what I wanted. The bus was taking sharp turns, stopping harshly at various stops. This is how the bus usually drove. It was rash and uncomfortable for someone like me who was used to getting free car rides everyday.

Minho has spoiled me a lot.

My bag slipped down from my hand as I flinched. I removed my hand from the pull ring to pick my bag when the bus suddenly made a jarring stop. I stumbled forwards and was about to fall when someone held onto me before I fell.

"Ah--" I screamed as I lost my balance and was about to hit the ground when a hand held onto me.

I looked up to see those familiar black orbs boring into mine, a hand carefully wrapped around my waist while the other held onto the pull ring. Momentarily lost in his eyes, I noticed him doing the same. Someone cleared their throat as I instantly stood back straight on my feet and Chan pulled his hand back.