09 | team dinner

. . .

╔══════════════╗
13 March, 2021
╚══════════════╝

"Settle down quickly."

"Mr. Baek, stop grumbling and sit somewhere."

"I'm starving. Damn."

I walked inside the restaurant, Seungmin and Jeongin by my side. The other employees were already there, settling down at the long table. This was the place where we usually had company dinners. From the day Seungmin and I started working till the day we hosted a goodbye party for Mr. Park's retirement, this was the restaurant we always came.

"You three musketeers! Come sit down quickly." Miss Na said, calling us.

We sat down, Jeongin sitting besides me as Seungmin sat across me. Jeongin had now pulled his phone out, making Seungmin snap some pictures for him. I unlocked my phone scrolling through Instagram. Jiran and Changbin's instagram was filled with pics of each other, either hugging or holding hands or exchanging a sweet kiss.

Well, that's how it feels to be in a serious relationship does it? I thought.

Jisung on the other hand had a variety of pictures of variety of places on his feed. Pictures of friends, date with Minho, clubbing, studio, random selfies and loop all that. His feed basically shouted "I'm single."

Who am I kidding? My feed's no different from his.

"Ok, everyone!" Miss Na said, getting everyone's attention.

I kept my phone away, looking up to see all of the employees head turned towards our end of the table. My eyes landed on a figure sitting besides Seungmin.

Of all places, he had to sit here.

"This dinner is to welcome our young and new director."

A series of claps and ohs were heard as Chan bowed, smiling slightly.

"Thankyou, everyone. I'll be putting it on my personal card today. So order as much as you want." He said as the employees cheered.

"Yay! You're the best, director."

"He's amazing isn't he?"

"He's really cool."

"Let's order drinks as well." Miss Na cheered as everyone dumped their noses into the menu card, ordering whatever they wanted.

"Aren't you guys going to order?" Chan questioned as Seungmin, Jeongin and I exchanged hesitant glances.

"Order something. Don't be hesitant." He said, sliding us the menu card.

"Um...." Jeongin mumbled. "Stir-fried pork rice....?"

"Sure." Chan smiled fondly at him."What about you both?"