16 | playboy

. . .

"Seungmin hyung." Jeongin pouted. "It was supposed to be just the two of us."

I slurped onto the the straw which made an hoarse sound due to the coffee tumbler being empty. I was in a cafe with Jeongin and Seungmin. Jeongin was sitting in front of me, whining about me interrupting their "date". Seungmin on the other hand was quite glad I was here.

"Why's she here?!" He shrieked pointing at me. "She clearly said she wasn't interested in coming here yesterday."

"She's here because she was alone and she seemed upset and--"

"Oh god why me?" Jeongin joined his hands, looking up at the ceiling. "Why am I the one stuck between this lovesick puppy and unbothered corpse?"

"Do you want to die?" I raised my fist at him as he flinched behind.

"No no. No ones dying here." Seungmin said, holding me back.

"She can surely join us, right, Inie?" Seungmin asked as Jeongin sighed.

"Fine but she's buying me drink." He said.

"When do I not?" I shrugged.

"Why are you here dressed in these clothes?" He said, looking at my clothes weirdly.

"What's wrong with her clothes?" Seungmin asked.

"She rarely wears black over black (nct 2018 was lit). And even if she by any chance wears it, she would never opt for baggy ones." Jeongin said as Seungmin hummed.

"You're not wrong there." Seungmin commented.

"What happened?" Jeongin asked.

I immediately stepped down from the car, closing the car's door. Chan got down from the car too, glancing at me.

"Thank you for dropping me and helping me." I bowed.

"Oh there's no need to thank--"

"I'll return your clothes tomorrow." I cut him off. He closed his mouth, nodding.

"Ok then." I said, turning around and walking away.

"Aera...?" Seungmin tapped my shoulder as I snapped out.

"Did anything happen?" Jeongin asked.

"No--nothing." I replied.

"Oh sure, I believe that." He said sarcastically.

"You're acting weirder since yesterday, you know." Seungmin said. "Firstly you never join anyone for drinks at night and you and Jiwon--"

Suddenly a thought sparked in my mind. Jiwon. I hadn't heard of her since yesterday night when I saw her leave with that strange man.