14 | the club

. . .

╔══════════════╗
16 March, 2021
╚══════════════╝

I stood in front of Chan's office, nervously fiddling with the folder in my hand. Finally taking a deep breath, I pushed open the door. Chan was sitting on his chair, a pair of his frequently worn black rimmed glasses were resting on the bridge of his nose as he was scribbling something into a notebook. As soon as I stepped in he glanced up at me and immediately closed his book, pushing it into one of the cabinets.

"And when will you learn to knock, Miss Shim?" He questioned as I closed the door behind my back.

I walked towards his desk and placed the big file onto it. He glanced at the file and then at me.

"You completed it all?" He asked.

"I couldn't. I tried to though." I replied honestly. Chan grabbed the file, turning the pages, examining the prints.

"You've done more than I expected." He said, running his fingers through his raven hair.

"You never leave me unsurprised, Ae-- Miss Shim." He corrected himself.

"I couldn't complete the work, Mr. Bang." I said. "Do I get any penalty points or am I supposed to clean any room in the office up? Or worse, am I fired?"

He chuckled at that. "None, Miss Shim."

"Well then." I said turning my heel.

"Did you stay up all night to complete this?" He questioned as I continued walking towards the door.

"I asked you something, Aera." He huffed.

I brought my hand towards the door knob.

"I apologize." He said as I froze, my hand holding onto the door knob, numbly.

"It was a mistake to make you do that dumb work.... I--" He was speaking when I cut him off.

"I don't care, Mr. Bang." I spoke. "Neither your actions nor your words mean anything to me."

And with that I walked out of his cabin, not bothering to spare another glance or exchange any words with him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

╔══════════════╗
20 March, 2021
╚══════════════╝