01 : Sleeping beauty

16 years ago Damon and Elena were given the most unexpected/amazing news, they were going to have a baby. At the time Damon was still a vampire and Elena had only just became human again so the pregnancy came as quite a shock but as they say, everything good must come to an end.

Not even 3 months after Elena fell into a coma...

_____⭐︎☆⭐︎_____

-Flashback-

(Alaric & Jo's wedding day)

Elena was standing alone in the venue when Damon approached her from behind making her turn "Hi" she spoke voice quiet.

"Isn't a bridesmaid's dress supposed to make you look like a freak of nature?" he joked making the girl laugh.

"Jo went easy on me" she smiled making her way towards him.

"I talked to Stefan" she voiced.

"He did not go easy on me, apparently that's your fault" he replied

"His argument was pretty convincing" he started

"I made up my mind" he told her making her pause.

"I'm taking it" he assured

"I've been a vampire for a long time Elena, it's been a blast but I'd give it up in a second to be your husband, the father of your kids." he told her a smile slowly etching its way onto his face.

"You can't take it just for me" she denied

"That's what you and Stefan keep saying but you're wrong, I can, I can take it for us, all of us" he countered placing a hand on her growing stomach.

"Okay, because even if it doesn't work, even if it all goes to hell and I'm miserable and alone the smallest chance at the perfect life with the two of you is infinitely better then an immortal one without" he declared.

"And I know this Elena, I love you and I will love you until I take my last breath on this earth" Damon assured the girl making her laugh before she leaned in and kissed him.

_____⭐︎☆⭐︎_____

-Flashback-

(Alaric & Jo's wedding day)

The ceremony was about to start, Elena and Damon were standing on either of the alter watching as Jo walked down the aisle, Elena couldn't help the smile that was etched onto her face looking at the woman who she thought of as a friend.

Jo took Alaric's hand both smiling as the officiant began to speak "Welcome family and friends on this magical evening to the wedding of Alaric Saltzman and Josette  Laughlin"

"Josette and Alaric have prepared their own vows" the woman spoke as Jo passed her bouquet to Elena.

"Neither one of us should be here right now, we've spent our lives dodging fate, beating the odds" Alaric began.