Chapter 6: More Intriguing Than a Fine Wine

"No way."

"Kaeya, please, we need his help."

Kaeya huffed a strand of hair out of his face: did they really think Diluc would help him of all people? He made it clear that he hated Kaeya.

"Can't you at least try?" Yanfei begged, supporting Zhongli's argument. He looked at the two people standing before him and rolled his eyes. How did he get here, anyway?

Glancing to his side, he noticed Michael gripping a Vision in his hands. Right, that was it. Someone had to train the clueless boy, and Diluc was one of the best Pyro users they knew. Plus, a claymore would be much easier to grasp than Yanfei's catalyst. Diluc was the smartest option in theory, but that theory did not consider the rift between the two brothers.

"It might be a good excuse to reconnect with him," Childe edged.

"I don't want to reconnect with him."

That was a lie, but everyone—including Kaeya—already knew that.

From the hallway of the Alberich apartment, Evan and Elizabeth peaked their heads around the wall, listening to the adults bicker. Their brother stood with the adults as well, stuck in the middle of the argument he accidentally created.

To rescue him, Elizabeth stepped around the corner, "I think you should, Mr. Kaeya."

Evan followed her, hiding behind her body just the tiniest bit. Kaeya glanced at the girl, then pursed his lips.

What example would you be setting if you let your brother go for good?

Why do I even have to care? Kaeya shot back at himself, They're not my kids.

But then...whose are they?

He sighed, "Fine. If you all are so insistent, then I'll do it. But let it be known that I'm doing this for 'Lizabeth, not for any of you."

"I think that was evident," Michael sassed.

Kaeya crossed his arms, "I can still change my mind, Michael."

The teen rolled his eyes, but stayed silent nonetheless. Truthfully, he did want to put this Vision to good use if he had it. Plus, he figured it would be pretty sick to fight with a giant sword. If this Diluc character was as learned as everyone implied, then Michael was interested. Though, if he was anything like Kaeya...

The aforementioned man stormed towards the apartment's door, "If you really want to go, we should leave now. He works the later shifts at Angel's Share. And also, I am not enjoying the anticipation."

Michael followed behind him, "Where are we going, anyway?"

"Back to Monstadt, but not in the heart of the town."

Kaeya looked at him for a moment; Michael's usually hard expression had softened, and although he wasn't smiling, the excitement was clear in his bright, wide eyes.

"Just try not to get too thrilled," Kaeya said sincerely, "He probably won't agree to help us. Not without a fight, at least."

Of course, Kaeya was right. This was his brother, after all. When he opened the door to Dawn Winery, his brother gave an immediate response.

"No way."

Great, Michael rolled his eyes, he's just like Kaeya.

Kaeya huffed, "Diluc, be a little hospitable? I've only just walked in. I haven't even asked you anything yet!"

"Save your breath, I already know you want to. You don't come to visit unless it benefits you," Diluc turned his back to them, wiping off a table, "My answer is no."