Chapter 8: Don't Make Me Wait Too Long

"Are you sure you want to go out today?" Childe asked, bouncing Evan on his knee, "You could always hang out with me instead."

The boy yawned, "No, I wanna go with Mike."

"It might be boring, it's only his first day training."

"What?" Michael sang, hopping the top half of his body onto the back of the couch, "Everything I do is killer."

"That's to be seen," Childe smirked back at him from the kitchen chair, and he snorted out a laugh.

"Whatever, man."

Michael turned over and slid backwards onto the couch, letting the tip of his bangs touch the floor. However, just as he did, a knock came from outside, and he shot back up. Childe looked to him as he let Evan jump out of his grasp, "Oh, that's probably Zhongli. You ready to go, Michael?"

"Hell yeah! C'mon, Ev, let's get out of here!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Evan replied, still rubbing his eyes. Not that Childe didn't want Evan to hang out with his brother, but he thought about telling the boy to stay home again. His exhaustion was evident; Childe guessed that he would be out before Michael's training session even began. On that note, Michael looked exhausted as well, but the only thing that gave it away was the bags under his eyes. If not for that, Childe would never have assumed Michael had gotten little sleep the night prior. The stars in his eyes outshone any air of tiredness to him.

He watched the two boys run excitedly out the door, one more prepped up than the other. He hardly had the chance to call out a 'thank you' to Zhongli before they slammed the door shut. It was loud, but he didn't mind; he missed his life being so noisy.

"Archons, do they have to be so loud?" Kaeya complained as he walked out of the bathroom. Elizabeth followed behind, sparkling all the while.

Playfully, Childe rolled his eyes, "I feel like you say this very often, Kaeya."

"Well, I apologize for not being obnoxious unlike some people."

Childe turned around to face him, "Are you saying that I'm—whoa."

Kaeya eyed him up and down, "What?"

"I..."

The younger of the two gaped, his head tilting to the side a bit. Kaeya was dressed in a fancy white suit, his signature gold chain falling over his chest. A blue rose adorned his coat, matching his silky blue hair and glittering blue eyes. The eyeliner he was wearing made him look uninterested in anything Childe had to say, but that only made him even more—

"Ahem," Kaeya sassed, awaiting Childe's response.

"Sorry! Uh—nothing! Nothing!" he blushed, his heart racing, "You just look, uh, really nice."

"Well, thank you, I suppose," Kaeya huffed a strand of hair out of his face.

"Do you like his makeup?" Elizabeth chimed in, "I did it!"

Kaeya shot him a look that said 'not really', but Childe only chuckled.

"I do," he said sincerely, resting his head in his hand and smiling all too wide. Elizabeth furrowed her eyebrows at Childe, watching the way he stared at Kaeya as if he was the only person in the world. She tapped her chin in thought, then her eyes widened and she internally gasped.

Mr. Childe has a crush on Mr. Kaeya! she thought to herself as she glanced between the two men. Like a villain, she touched the tips of her fingers together and grinned.

This will be so much fun.

She didn't hesitate to start her matchmaker duties. The first task at hand was getting the two of them to hang out for a substantial amount of time. They already lived together, but both of them had their own affiliations that sometimes made them too busy to spend quality time with one another. Today, Elizabeth would fix that issue. Kaeya had been offered to go to a banquet celebrating the Knights of Favonius, and of course, he accepted. What could be more appealing than free wine? The invitation allowed him to bring two guests along, in which Elizabeth begged to be one of them. She remembered his response: