Epilogue

"Mike. Michael. Mike. Mike. Wake up. Mike. It's 6 AM. Michael. Mike. Mike."

"Oh, whoopee, six," the man groaned as he pulled a pillow over his head.

"Mike!" the young boy crossed his arms, and Michael groaned.

"Alright, alright, I'm up!" he pushed himself out of bed, just missing the boy as he stepped onto the carpet, "Geez, Gregory, you're gonna give me an aneurysm one of these days."

"What's that?" Gregory asked as he followed Michael to the master bedroom's bathroom.

"Don't worry about it, it's a figure of speech," the man replied as he prepared to brush his teeth.

Gregory hopped up onto the counter while he did so, swinging his legs back and forth while he waited for the man to finish, "So, are we still visiting Uncle Childe and Uncle Kaeya today? I'm already ready, dressed and everything."

Toothpaste in his mouth, Michael smirked, "No."

"Why?" Gregory whined, and he chuckled. He dunked his head into the sink to rinse the toothpaste out of his mouth.

"I'm just joking. But, for the record, I know you slept in that," he pointed at Gregory's blue shirt and cargo shorts.

"I did not!"

"Did too, I checked on you before I went to bed, dummy," he ruffled the boy's hair, and the other cringed in response.

"Ew, your hands are still wet!"

"Oh, really? I hadn't noticed," Michael spoke nonchalantly, and Gregory made fun of him behind his back.

"Watch it, Greg, I can still ground you."

The boy pursed his lips together, but ceased mocking the man nonetheless.

"So when are we leaving? Soon? Now?"

"You want me to go shirtless?" he raised an eyebrow as he pulled a purple button-up from his closet.

"Gross, no," Gregory stuck his tongue out, "Why do you wear the same shirt everyday?"

"It's not the same shirt, it's just the same color shirt. And I do it because my job description says 'wear purple'," Michael replied, messing with the shirt's collar.

"But you're technically the owner, you could do whatever you want."

"Exactly. And if I'm too lazy to change my job description, then I don't have to change it," he smirked, then stepped away from the closet to retrieve a small box on his nightstand. He placed it carefully in his pocket as Gregory followed him through the house.

"Is Parker coming with us today? I think he should," the boy continued speaking.

Michael sighed, smiling despite himself, "I can sure tell you're excited. Yeah, Parker is coming with us. He's probably already ready and making breakfast."

"Oh, yeah, he is. He was the one who asked me to come get you," Gregory ran over to the kitchen, sliding into the chair which he claimed as his the day he entered Dhawan residence.

The man furrowed his eyebrows, "Then, why didn't you ask him yourself?"

Although he thought it strange, Michael didn't bring up the matter again. He entered the kitchen to greet his husband, who flipped a pan of eggs on the stove.

"Boom! The perfect scramble!" Parker cheered, then glanced out of the corner of his eye, "Oh, hi, babe."

"Hi," Michael rested his head on the man's shoulder, "How do you have so much energy this early?"