Gregory's Interlude Part 2

Michael shoved his hands in his pockets, walking behind the rest of the group, Childe at his side. They treated through the grassy terrain; though it was chilly, the sun beat down, providing a shroud of warmth over them. He listened to Kaeya, Parker, and Elizabeth chat mindlessly about nothing and everything all at the same time.

"So..." Childe began, "Good day today, huh?"

Michael let out a snarky laugh, "Does it look like it?"

"Eh...not particularly," Childe answered, "But that's why I'm here, to cheer you up! So, what's going on, kid?"

Smirking, Michael rolled his eyes, "Childe, I'm almost fifty."

"You know you'll always be my little boy," Childe ruffled his hair while Michael swatted him away, "So, what's the issue? Something is clearly bothering you. And it looks like Greg, too."

Michael sighed. They kept walking, and Childe glanced at him expectantly, waiting for him to open up. The leaves crunched under their feet, and Michael bit his tongue.

"I think I'm a bad father," he said, matter-of-factly, as if it didn't bother him at all.

"C'mon, we all go through rough times," Childe pushed his shoulder.

He shook his head, "I dunno, Childe, I think I'm giving him a rough life."

"Well, you are giving him some heat right now," Childe nodded, "But you're doing your best. He scared you and he disobeyed you, he should be getting consequences, just remind him that you still love him."

"I don't think I know how to be caring when I'm mad. I think I just lash out," Michael crossed his arms.

"Everyone makes mistakes, parents are human, too, after all. You just gotta make an effort to fix it."

"Do you think I'm like William?" he blurted out, catching Elizabeth's and Parker's attention.

Childe grabbed his shoulder, "Alright, that's enough, you are nothing like him."

"Yeah, Father was insane," Elizabeth agreed, "You'd never lay a hand on Greg."

"Right," Parker interjected, "You have been an asshole lately, but nothing compared to him."

"I know I've been an asshole, I know!" Michael groaned, running his hands through his hair, "I don't know why I can't bring myself to fix it."

"Well, with what he did, he could've gotten really hurt. You were just scared. You were right, he shouldn't just be running off like that, jumping into fights not knowing what he's getting into," Childe reasoned, "But you were the same way once. Can't you be a little understanding?"

Michael sighed, "I can't let him get hurt. I couldn't live with myself."

"He's a teenage boy, Mike, he's gonna get hurt," Elizabeth argued incredulously, "It doesn't mean your a bad father."

"I wonder if he's upset," Michael put a hand on his chin.

"Oh, sure, but he'll get through it," Parker waved off the worry.

"Right..."

The group kept walking, quieter than usual. Kaeya spared glances at Michael, but none that the men met. He wanted to say something encouraging—after all, he knew what Gregory was going through—but he couldn't find the right words, so he chose to stay silent instead.

Childe looked out at the scenery around them. Green grass, the rocky mountainside, a glittering waypoint tucked behind a tree. He inhaled as he took it in. For as much pride as he took in Snezhnaya, he had to admit, Liyue could be just as beautiful if you looked in the right place. It was calm, serene, a nice change of pace for his often busy life.

Archon Quest: Custom Night [FNAF/Genshin]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara