Chapter 1: An Initiation

Waking up early (Y/N) goes ahead and gets prepared. Eat, take a shower, get dressed, check any defects on his weapons, and get ready, but upon standing up he looks at the box inside his bag, releasing a sad sigh he opens it.

A purple and white scarf came with a small note.

"I heard you can't stand the cold inside your room. Here."
- Mother.

Deciding to wear it wrapped it around his neck and he began to exit the room. It didn't take long for the other students to slowly wake up one by one. He walks past some of them while they talk to their friends.

(Y/N) stands where the initiation trial. Where Ms. Glynda and Professor Ozpin stand near some pads.

"You're up early." Ozpin comments.

"It's a usual thing." (Y/N) replies before sitting on the ground enjoying the breeze.

[Time Skip]

It didn't take long until the remaining students walked up to the plates on the ground.

Seeing this (Y/N) sighs and looked over the horizon unbeknownst to him he was at the 1st pad.

He was then launched unexpectedly after hearing Ozpin and Glynda's short instructions he summed it up to. Find a landing spot, find another student, be their teammate, and lastly survive.

He was 1st to be launched causing him to look in surprise. Though he could hear other students not far behind.

He could feel himself falling, looking around he sees trees getting closer. Upon near contact, he uses his semblance cutting the top of the tree followed by an explosion at the cut area adding boost.

The boost was good enough for him to land perfectly doing a forward roll from the remaining momentum.

He sheathed his katana before looking around. "Location is..." Before he could finish something pounced from behind.

Quickly turning his heel he sliced the creature behind him cutting it in two. He sighs before seeing multiple eyes from the bushes.

Sighing he sheaths his weapon, took a deep breath before fleeing, using his semblance once more. "... It should be back since I was 1st and flew farther than them."

He stops using his semblance and began walking to the ruins but stops. He could hear a struggling and panicked voice.

He sighs. "Fine." He runs to the location of the voice.

[No POV]

A short girl weakly points her weapon at the Grimm. A group of students was 1st to fight the Grimm struggling until she came and helped out until the students left her alone to fend for herself.

A Beowulf raised its paw and slashed down which she blocked but didn't see the 2nd paw hitting her causing her to be sent to a tree.

'Stand! Stand!' She thought.

Grimm began to swarm her. 'Someone! Help me!'

With the sound of lightning and whimpers, she looks up seeing the back of her savior.