Chapter 12: Dances And Duels

(Y/N) takes a deep breath as the elevator lifts him to the headmaster's room, checking his scroll with it being late in the afternoon. The elevator dings and he enters the room greeting both Professor Goodwitch and Headmaster Ozpin. After a short talk, he then presents his idea.

"Weapons? At a dance?" Glynda asks as (Y/N) nodded.

"Even though the Beacon Academy is well guarded. We shouldn't let our guard down." (Y/N) responded. "The world is a strange place where anything could happen." 

Sitting on his desk, Ozpin takes a sip of his coffee. Glynda looks at him to which he nodded. "That's a good idea, but unfortunately I can't have you bring weapons to a dance. It's a time of celebration..." He stands up.

(Y/N) nodded. "It's fine, I should go." 

"But with the world being random as of the moment as you said... I should allow one, don't you think?" Ozpin walks around his table and stared outside. 

"Sir?" (Y/N) asks raising a brow.

Ozpin turns to face him with a smile, "It's just as you said Mr. (L/N). The world is a random place where the unknown is hiding and could strike at any moment. I'm tasking you to guard the tower."

(Y/N) nodded. "Thank you for your time." He replied before leaving the tower by using the elevator.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Glynda asks facing Ozpin.

"He's shown himself to be a protector." Ozpin turns to face the windows. "He's watching out for the students. I should allow him something." 

"But... That's favoritism." 

"I have a reason. You can never be too sure Glynda, one moment Beacon is still standing the next it has fallen because we let our guard down." Ozpin tells her. "For now, the tower must not fall. Even if it becomes ruined, it must not fall." 

Ozpin stares out seeing (Y/N) has exited the tower. "Only the future will tell, Glynda." 

(Y/N) walks down the hallway with a blank face. 'Which one should I bring?' He debates choosing his Gauntlets, & Greaves or his revolver.

But due to him keeping to himself, he bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry."  

"Sorry for that... (Y/N)?" (Y/N) sees that he bumped into Akari. 

"Oh, it's you." (Y/N) smiles, "What are you doing here?" 

"Oh, I was just... uhhh..." Akari sweats and checks his scroll.

"You're cutting Professor Port's class, aren't you?" He raises a brow looking at Akari who is about to tear up.

(Y/N) sighs and wipes the supposed tears, "Come. Follow me." 

Both began to walk around the academy, "Ever hear the reason why Professor Port tells his stories?"

"To... brag about it?" Akari answers.

"That's one, but to me, they represent a few things." (Y/N) walks past a group of students waving to them as a greeting and they wave back, "They represent time and combat."

"Why those two?" Akari asks. "Why time and combat?"

(Y/N) smiles. "Well, first. Time. He wants to immortalize his legacy and let his students remember him, like the sands of time he's just a speck." 

"And Combat?"

"He shows how to kill Grimm. Each lesson starts from easy to difficult, it shows how to approach Grimm and how to deal with the creatures of the darkness." Both of them stand near the cliffs of Beacon.