Chapter 11: Downtime

The entire class heard a loud thud as Cardin landed on his side. The student sits up and clutches his ribs while Glynda approaches him from behind.

"And that's the match," Professor Goodwitch announces.

"Lucky shot!" Cardin complains before he collapses.

"Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament." Professor Goodwitch tells Pyrrha as she taps at her scroll.

"Thank you, professor." Pyrrha bows before standing up.

"Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match." Professor Goodwitch looks around at the observing students. "Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?"

Blake slams her book shut and stares wide-eyed at Glynda, "You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-"

She was cut off by a student raising his hand, "I'll do it."

"Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent." Professor Goodwitch looks at the crowd.

"I think I'll take this one." (Y/N) stood up from his seat.

"Very well then." Professor Goodwitch sets up the aura gauge.

Mercury and (Y/N) gave each other a glance.

===

Mercury struts into the arena as on the other side was (Y/N) checking his katana. Their spar begins when Mercury was 1st attack but was deflected by (Y/N). Recovering quickly, he deflects an attack and begins trading blows with (Y/N) until he knocks him back with his katana.

Mercury unleashes a series of powerful strikes. (Y/N) dodges the strikes keeping his eyes on Mercury's boots but a kick causes his katana to be thrown away.

"I need a new grip." (Y/N) whispered.

He then redirects Mercury's next kick. he shoots off the ground and turns his back to him. Mercury turns around to prepare another attack but (Y/N) has his revolver aimed at his forehead.

"I forfeit," Mercury says.

"Good choice." (Y/N) puts the revolver away as he sticks his hand out.

Mercury grabbed it and (Y/N) pulled him up. (Y/N) walked away as he takes his katana and checked it for damages before sheathing it.

An alarm sounds which jolts Blake who has nodded off.

"That is all for today. And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses." Professor Goodwitch tells the class.

(Y/N) looks at Blake with a concerned gaze, knowing that the White Fang and his involvement in their operations. Sadly, he'll have to face her again shortly. Outside a different team is standing at the entrance as team RWBY walks past. Though Sun notices Blake and runs after her.

Team NKLS walks past the two but hears about a dance. Once inside their dorm room but Akari tugged onto (Y/N)'s jacket causing him to turn his gaze to her. "Something wrong?" He asks.

"I want you to go to the dance." Akari suggested, "You've been somewhat stressed with all the things that happened."

"Depends on what I'll do that night." (Y/N) answers as he sat on his bed. "Besides what could go wrong?"