Chapter 8: Paint the House

A closeup of Ruby's hands as she straps the red laces of her shoes. Switch to a closeup of Weiss' hand gripping the handle strapped to her side. Switch to a closeup of Yang over her left forearm as she slides the chamber. Switch to a closeup of Blake tightening the black ribbons around her arms. Switch to the full view of Team RWBY's preparations, revealing their new outfits.

Blake approaches her bunk as she tightens her wraps. "I thought that class would never end."

Ruby from her position sits on the hanging bed, "Alright, guys, today's the day! The investigation begins!"

She happily leaps off her mattress and onto the floor, arms raised excitedly. She almost lands on Weiss, who is on the bottom bunk.

"I'm glad to see we're taking this so seriously," Weiss comments in a sarcastic tone.

"Hey, we've got a plan! That's... moderately serious." Yang comments.

"Right!" Ruby looks around at her teammates,  "Everyone remembers their roles." 

"You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem." Weiss comments.

"The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning." Blake tells them.

"I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard..." Yang tells her.

"Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found." Ruby pumps her fish, "Let's do this!"

"Yeah!" They turn to the window seeing a smiling Sun Wukong as he hangs upside-down by his tail in their open window. The whole team is taken aback.

"Sun!"

"How did you get up there?" Yang asks.

"Ah, it's easy; I do it all the time." Sun answers.

"You do what?!" Weiss scowls.

"I climb trees all the time!" Sun without reacting to Weiss' scowl, he flips into the dorm room. "So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?"

Blake steps forward, "We are going to investigate the situation... as a team."

"Sorry, Sun. We don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to." Ruby caringly tells him.

"Psh! That's dumb! We should always get friends involved! That's why I brought Neptune and that other team!" Sun gestures out the window.

The girls lean out the window on top of one another cartoon-style to see the aforementioned teammate of Sun's standing outside, cool as can be.

"'Sup?" He greets.

"How did you even get up here?" Ruby asks.

"I have my ways." Nepture replies.

They look down to reveal that he is standing on a very thin ledge circling the building under the windows.

Neptune nervously, "Seriously, though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now."

The dorm room suddenly opens showing Azure's leg was the perpetrator in kicking the door. "Sun you better have a good explanation for ruining our free time." 

Azure, Akari, and Shiro walked into the room with Shiro closing the door behind them. The group stands in a circle as Ruby lays down the new plan.

"Alright, I'll go with Weiss and Akari; Sun, and Azure you can go with Blake." Ruby pushes Neptune past Weiss, he slips her a wink. Weiss looks mildly shocked but then comes to her senses quickly. "And Neptune, and Shiro you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner. Is everyone good?"