Chapter 3: School Time

A week has passed in Beacon with the entire team NKLS, in professor Port's class just 10 minutes away from being deemed late. A few minutes later, Team JNPR and RWBY enter the room in the nick of time. They all take their seats.

They could only listen to what the huntsman is teaching, that is even if he was teaching telling stories about his younger days but there are some lessons in stories. In the end... (Y/N) sees that a huntsman needed to be honorable, dependable, strategic, well-educated, and wise.

But what caught his attention more was Team RWBY, specifically their leader Ruby. Being almost none of those what the Professor Port said.

She was balancing an apple on a book, with her pencil only by her finger while making a silly face, she fell asleep, and finally not-so-subtly picked her nose with each description of a supposed huntsman.

'What made you get here?' That was his question.

"So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?" Professor Port asks.

"I do!" Weiss yelled, standing up and walking over to the front.

"Well, then, let's find out!" Professor Port turns to the cage and using his weapon breaks the lock causing a boarbatusk to charge at Weiss.

(Y/N) watches the fight letting the cheering of Team RWBY turn into blank noise. 'She needs to turn over the Grimm to reveal its soft underbelly.'

The fight continues until Weiss losses grip of her weapon. She looks up just in time to see the Boarbatusk charge again, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid getting trampled and making it crash into a desk. Weiss rushes at her sword and slides to get it back in her hand.

He saw her yell probably at Ruby before using her glyph and retaking her weapon followed by quickly defeating the boarbatusk.  

"Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true-in-training!" The professor comments.

 As Weiss stands up at attention from her exhausted position and Ruby continues to frown.

"I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings, and... stay vigilant! Class dismissed!" He ends as everyone packs their things up.

(Y/N) notices Weiss glares at her leader and walked hurriedly to the exit past her teammates.

"Sheesh, what's with her?" Jaune comments.

Team NKLS, walked down to their dorm, letting the ambiance of different students walk past them until one had to comment what happened. "Jeez, that Weiss girl is such an awful human being." Shiro comments.

"Why you don't say for yourself." Azure retorts.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Shiro walks in front of Azure.

"You were planning to sacrifice two of our teammates to the Grimm. Not to mention you almost got Little Akari here killed if it wasn't for (Y/N) saving her." She glares at her partner.

"W-Well... I..." He sputtered before (Y/N) walked in between them.

"Stop, We are supposed to be together not divided." He tells them. "Now, we can't change the past but we can change the future." He looks at both of them.

"Though, We need to train that cowardice of yours." (Y/N) looks at Shiro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now the team is in the training room.

And with a loud bang. Akari had performed a German suplex on Shiro, he survives at the cost of his aura being halved. Azure released a sigh and facepalmed while (Y/N) looks at what Shiro could improve. Akari releases Shiro letting him fall to the floor as she dusts her hands.

Shiro rubs his neck while (Y/N) walks up to him. "Shiro." He calls causing the boy to stand up.

"Can you actually fight?" (Y/N) asks him, the injured boy nods.

"Good." He drops a wooden sword in front of him and walked for a good distance.

Shiro stands up picks the sword and got into a basic stance. (Y/N) saw this and internally released a sigh of relief. 'Looks like he knows the basics.' 

And without another word, Shiro finds himself on instinct blocking a sword strike from (Y/N). "Can you counter?" He asks before pushing the wooden weapon up and going for a strike.

But Shiro was able to block it (Y/N) nodded and pushed him away causing the boy to stumble. (Y/N) follows it up with a thrust Shiro flicked it up causing (Y/N) to spin he repositions his weapon and...

 (Y/N) follows it up with a thrust Shiro flicked it up causing (Y/N) to spin he repositions his weapon and

Knocks him out (Y/N) sighs and walked away but stopped feeling something coming. He turns around seeing Shiro had stood up and got ready. "Interesting."

(Y/N) smiled, remembering about Shiro's semblance. Both charged at each other having an equal footing and skill against each other barely getting hit on their bodies, (Y/N) knows what Akari did, her attack halved Shiro's aura from his scroll. It won't take long till Shiro stops and wakes up.

And so they fought the clacking of the two weapons was heard in the entire training room. Their two teammates were surprised at what is happening both fighters stand on equal ground.

'If he is this good at fighting... I need to get stronger...' (Y/N) thought. 'Though I wonder... Do Semblances evolve?'

With another clash, both leaped back. (Y/N) looks at the time seeing that it was near their next class he needs to end this and quick but that was answered when Shiro had a white glow on him before disappearing followed by him collapsing.

(Y/N) drops his stance and checks his weapon seeing it has dented from their skirmishes. Shiro rubs the bottom of his chin feeling the injury that (Y/N) inflicted on him. "You could've broken my jaw!" He yelled.

"I'll treat you to some ice cream." This made Shiro lookup. 

"After classes." (Y/N) follows up making him sigh.

"We need to get going if we won't want to be late for our next class." (Y/N) places the wooden sword at the racks where other wooden melee weapons were held.

They all followed behind their leader with Shiro complaining in the background every time he walked due to the jaw injury. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It didn't take long until the students are free from the clutches of classes and venture out onto Vale. Team NKLS is in an ice cream parlor sitting around a table while their leader orders the ice cream. 

(Y/N) treated them their ice cream. He took their orders with Azure being stubborn for a bit until she told hers. 

After some time (Y/N) comes back and handed them their ice cream. They ate in peace until they finished their ice creams.

Akari fell asleep on the table causing (Y/N) to sigh and carry on his back. They all peacefully walk back to Beacon.

(Y/N) was further ahead while the two partners trail behind but not too far. Shiro was 1st to take notice. "Don't you think... That it looks like."

"Not now Shiro." Azure was playing on her scroll trying to concentrate on her game.

Shiro sighs and places his hands inside the pockets they walk to the bullhead pickup.

================================================================================

Character Profile? Want?