(01) enemies-to-enemies

"Another gala? Are rich people obsessed with them or what?"

Watcher didn't work for Batman like most people thought. She worked with him. And she was not a fucking sidekick. But somehow being a close associate of Batman meant that she was a close associate of the Wayne family. Which meant invitations to any and all galas that they held. Which also meant having to come face to face with Jason Todd and not accidentally punch him in the face.

"Come on, it'll be fun, Grumpy," Dick Grayson was not a very convincing person. He was incredibly smart but sometimes it felt like he only had a single brain cell. "I can tell you that the food will be good."

"The food is always good," Skylar sighed as she sat on her bed, Watcher's costume laid out next to her. "Just the company is not and you know exactly who I am talking about."

"Well, he won't be there this time," Dick said, almost with a resigned sigh. "Bruce is still mad at him for that incident last week with Penguin's henchmen."

She raised her eyebrows and smirked in amusement. "As he should. He almost got me shot, you know?"

"Yeah, I do. I was there. And I saw you crush his gun like it was nothing."

"Whatever. I'll come. But the second I see Jason, I'm bolting. Can't stand the guy."

"See ya! And dress nice!"

"Whatever, Dick."

"Funny," He said, but then hung up. "Don't be late for patrol though."

Skylar tossed her phone to the side, half smiling, half tired but very ready to go on patrol and have a good time catching criminals. And not think about the stupid gala she was going to attend. Not that she wouldn't go though. She did owe a lot to Bruce Wayne and the Batman.

Once again, her mind slipped back to the years gone past. But there was no time to get completely lost. She had to get dressed to go on patrol.

*

Emotions swirled in Skylar's heart, but these emotions were not of a good kind.

She was angry. She was so fucking angry that she wanted to punch a hole in a wall and crush something to dust. With her inhuman strength, she could actually do it. She tore off her mask as she stormed into the Bat Cave.