(02) flower flower flower

Music played in her ears as Skylar landed hits on the punching bag

Music played in her ears as Skylar landed hits on the punching bag. The punching back rattled with the force of her hits, even though she was holding back her actual strength. Hitting something, she had discovered, was the perfect way to relieve stress. Whether it be one of the many villains and the thieves that roamed the streets of Gotham City, or a punching bag hung in the empty bedroom in her apartment, hitting things with her fists burned through her stress.

She punched till all her stress had gone or till her knuckles bled; the latter often happened before the former.

Skylar had once been (and still was, in some ways) a girl full of anger and a burning desire for revenge. These emotions had lessened to a certain extent, all thanks to Batman's training and his ultimatum of kicking her out of Gotham. While in terms of strength, Skylar was far more stronger, but Batman had the experience and access to resources she didn't have. He was also in the Justice League and could probably ask one of his super friends to deal with her. So Skylar just listened to him, albeit with a lot of reluctance.

Another hit on the punching bag; her knuckles turned redder. Another hit, even more red. And another, and another, till her knuckles dripped with red liquid.

There.

Skylar was done for the day.

As though right on cue, her phone began to ring. Her boss, a fiery, middle-aged lady, Mrs Brown, ran one of Gotham's popular florist shops, so popular that even in the off-season when there were no weddings, their shop still made a good amount of sales. Mrs Brown had taken a liking to her, or probably was just watching out for her or something and loved calling her at exactly ten in the morning, wondering where she was and when she was coming to work.

No matter how many times Skylar had said that she didn't need a daily reminder, Mrs Brown refused to stop her calls. Thankfully, she only worked for her four days a week, from Monday to Thursday.

At the fifth ring, Skylar picked up a call, releasing a secretive sigh just as Mrs Brown began to speak.

"Skylar, dear, good morning," Mrs Brown's voice felt even more grating today. "You took your time picking up my call. Were you sleeping in late again?"