(06) please (don't) freeze to death

Things in Gotham would never be quiet

Things in Gotham would never be quiet. Night after night, criminals decided it would be the perfect place to cause havoc and tonight it was Mr Freeze's turn.

Almost every inch of City Hall was covered in ice. Massive icicles hung from the windows. Most of them were covered by frost. Chunks of ice lay across the grounds. It was really just a sight to behold. On the rooftop of the building directly across, stood the people who had taken Freeze down. Watcher, who had joined the fight much later, could only watch in amusement as Red Hood, Nightwing, Red Robin and Robin were all shivering. The only two people not affected by the cold were her and Batman.

"You all did well tonight," Batman stated, the barest hint of a smile on his face. "Freeze won't bother anyone for a long time."

Simultaneously, all of them shivered. Nightwing, like the others, kept on rubbing his arms together. "My hands are still numb. Grappling across the city is not going to be fun."

"Seriously," Jason grumbled.

Skylar nodded in agreement. Though she wasn't as affected as the others, she still felt cold. It was a blessing her apartment was not too far from City Hall. She'd swing across the city, if it meant getting to the warmth of her couch.

"I can take you in the Batmobile," Batman offered.

Skylar immediately winced as the four Batboys decide to yell "Shotgun!" all at once. Immediately she stopped focusing on her powers and shut them out. It was fairly obvious that the boys were about to break into an argument. She would rather not hurt her ears because of it.

Batman sighed. He was probably more used to this than she was. "I need to have a word with Commissioner Gordon. Get this figured out by the time I come back."

He swung away, leaving them all on the rooftop. Not even a few seconds had passed since his departure, and the boys broke into an argument. In all likelihood, they had forgotten that Skylar was still there.

If she was being honest though, it was hilarious to see them argue this much. She filed away some of the insults they said for later use. A chill went through her and she rubbed her arms to keep herself warm.

Skylar stretched her arms. "You boys keep on arguing in the cold. I'm gonna take off since my place is close by."

The Batboys turned to look at her. All of them at once. And a second later, another argument broke out.

"I don't think you can have this many people over, so you should just take me," Dick was the first one to talk.

"That is not convincing at all," Damian was next. "And since I am Watcher's favourite and the least messy person out of you all, I should be the one to go with her."

"I would beg to differ," Tim commented, teeth chattering out of the cold.

"I am not going to waste my time arguing with you when I am right," Damian said, shivering yet glaring at everyone else.