(05) not a romance movie

When Skylar first became the Watcher, she never wanted or expected to be a part of the ever-growing Wayne family

When Skylar first became the Watcher, she never wanted or expected to be a part of the ever-growing Wayne family. But life wanted to enact the found family trope with her. She was an unofficial part of the family that comprised Gotham's vigilantes. It meant being a part of a very chaotic group, something that wouldn't have been possible three-four years ago. Skylar liked being a part of this group. She would never admit it out loud, but it was nice to not be lonely.

Today, like many other days, was devoted to training. Even Jason was there in the mansion gym. Skylar stayed far away from him, training with Cassandra who was, by far, her favourite member of the Batfamily.

"Hey Cass, tape my hands for me, please," Skylar tossed the roll of tape towards her. Cass caught it with ease and grinned. Skylar held out her hands and Cass got to work. With swift fingers, she tied the tape around Skylar's fingers on both hands.

Skylar wiggled her fingers with a grin. "Perfect. Thanks, Cass. You want me to do yours?"

Cass shook her head. "I'll do it."

"I'll leave you to it then."

With a quick nod to her, Skylar walked to the pull-up bar. Doing weights was useless for her, especially with her strength. That was why she just stuck to the pull-up bar and the treadmill; and of course, she couldn't forget the age-old classic, the push-up.

Today, Damian was training on the treadmill, Tim was lifting weights, Jason was doing push-ups and Dick...well, he was just being Dick. As Skylar finished her first pull-up, she heard him speaking to Damian.

"'Sup, Damian?" Dick waved at Damian, who just grunted in acknowledgement. After, he was looking at Jason. "Light day, Jason?"

Uh oh. Those words meant Dick was trying to be competitive. Which meant the four Robins and former Robins were going to be competitive. Which could only mean a chaotic mess was incoming. Skylar was content enough to watch from the sidelines.

Her third pull-up done, she watched the scene playing out with light amusement. Jason looked more competitive than before. "I was just getting warmed up actually."

With an arm behind his back and one in front of him, Jason started doing one-arm push-ups. It was a little infuriating, Skylar thought, how nice his muscles looked in that sleeveless red hoodie. (And how nice he looked too...which was a thought never to be said out loud.)

Then Tim joined in, doing the two-finger push-up. Skylar glanced over at Cass, only to see the same amusement reflected back at her. This was going to be good entertainment. As she continued with her pull-ups, the four boys got more and more competitive. Skylar could only watch with a bemused smile. Shaking her head, she continued with her own exercise.

But even as she did so, her eyes were constantly drawn to Jason. She found it annoying how her brain decided she should be looking at Jason. Sure, he had his looks and everything, but she wasn't even attracted to him like that. So there was no point in even staring.