Episode 136 : Kartik and Shubham Reunite

Hey guys, here's the next episode. Please vote and comment.

Happy Reading!

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

DELHI

FORTIS ESCORTS HOSPITAL

It was 8 a.m. in the morning. No updates had come yet from the doctors.

The family was anxiously waiting for some news in the corridor outside the OT. There was a tense atmosphere in the corridor. Everybody was restless. Their patience level was being tested now as they still had no idea about Manish's condition. Several ominous thoughts were squirming at the back of their minds.

Naira was sitting beside Kartik. Kartik was sitting back on his seat, leaning against the wall and staring at the white marbled floor with a blank expression on his face. Naira was holding his hand and continuously looking at the red flashing light on the dome of the operation theatre. She was herself paralyzed with the uncertainty.

Just then, the red flashing light above the operation theatre turned off. Naira got alarmed. She turned to Kartik and shook him gently - "Kartik..!"

Hearing her meek and unsteady voice, Kartik got out of his trance and raised his head up sharply. Dark circles had developed beneath his eyes. His hair was disheveled. His face looked tired and vulnerable, all the energy was squeezed out of his body. A spasm of worry crossed his face as he darted his eyes around the corridor in utter cluelessness.

Just then, the most difficult moment arrived as the doctor finally came out of the OT and took off his surgical mask. Everyone rushed to him and stood in front of him. They were still hopeful that everything will turn out alright, but also dreadful thinking about the worst case scenario.

Kartik(hopefully): Doctor....papa.....papa theek toh hain na??

The doctor looked blankly at Kartik. Everyone was looking at him with anticipation.

The doctor smiled at last.

Doctor: (smiling) Don't worry Kartik...everything's under control now...Manish ji ab bilkul theek hain...he's doing fine....much stable than before...the bypass surgery was successful...!!

Everyone sighed in relief as they heard the much awaited news. It was like a heavy burden was finally lifted from their chests. They were finally at ease. Their happiness knew no bounds.

Swarna broke down into happy tears and thanked God as she finally heard the positive news. She had suppressed all her feelings till now, she had been quiet all this while. Her emotional turmoil was finally easing out. Trisha smiled with tears and side hugged Swarna, rubbing her palms to calm her down.