Returning

Mahi was happy, very happy. He was again going to play cricket after a long time. The 2019 loss was still in his mind but he also knew it was never gonna go away just like 2007 and 2015 didn't go away so he decided to ignore that and enjoy every moment with his brothers. He reached the hotel where everyone were staying in Australia. He had to travel alone because first there were three tests matches of the team against australia which india won beautifully by 2-1 with his cheeku and ro and all the others rocking in it.

And now he was going to play 5odis and three t20s.
He didn't have very good conversation with everyone since 2019 world cup. Because he was busy in military training and spending time with family so anyone called him for max fifteen minutes, but now finally they could all spend time together and talk with each other endless.

He reached the hotel and went inside. Australia was a little different in term of fans than india if he were to be honest.
In india fans would know somehow that any cricketer is coming and would surround the hotel but in Australia if he manged to keep it a secret then not many would know and it was beneficial for him at the moment as he wanted to go quickly and meet his brothers after such a long time.

He entered the hotel and then went to second floor as directed by the receptionist, there virat was waiting in the lobby and smiled as he saw mahi bhai.

"Mahi bhai" he shouted in delight and went to him to give him a hug.
"You are back" he said still not leaving him.
Mahi smiled at him hugging him equally tight.

"I missed you so much" virat said.
"No I did more" they heard hardik's voice as hardik came running and tried to hug mahi by pushing virat away. But virat didn't budge.
"Don't listen to this idiot, I missed you more" vi said now pushing hardik.

"Stop pushing each other" mahi said and parted from a protesting virat and hugged harry.
Hardik smirked at virat and hugged his elder brother back.
"Mahi bhai you love him more" virat wailed.
"I love both of you equally, okay? Please no fights, at least not on my first day back."

Virat and hardik nodded like good kids but mahi knew that soon they would start to fight again. But seeing their fight, he remembered Rohit who vi fights the most with.
"Where's ro?" Mahi asked.

In his happiness to meet ro he didn't notice virat's smile fall of a little and hardik looking at him.
"He's in his room, sleeping I guess" virat said and forcefully laughed.

This did made mahi look at him with a confusing face.
"He must be in that room" virat quickly said as he saw mahi bhai's face pointing at room 205.
"You can go meet him."

"Won't you come?" Mahi asked confused at vi's behaviour.
"I have to call anushka you know, it is almost time, we had decided to call each other in evening everyday and if I don't call her she will get upset and I don't want her upset." Vi said this time not trying to laugh, but just smiling which also looked forceful to mahi.

"Harry common" mahi said to harry who was just standing there looking at virat with a weird face.
'What's up with them and their weird bahaviour?' thought mahi bhai.
"Have you also made some calling time with Natasha?" Mahi asked observing Harry's silence.

"No of course not, I don't do that stupid things" harry said smirking at virat.
"Mahi bhai see he called my idea stupid" vi complained.

Harry was about to reply back but was stopped by mahi bhai.
"Okay now enough don't fight. And harry you are coming or not?"
Harry nodded. And they both went to Rohit's room.

They went and opened the door since they never knock on each other's doors and saw Rohit was sleeping and there was no one else in the room.

He knew everyone had room partner so he asked harry about ro's room partner.
"It's Ishan" harry said "he and jassi have gone out."
Mahi went near ro and said "Rohit, Ro wake up" Ro didn't.
So he tried again and this time shook him also.
"Should I try?" Harry asked ready to scream ro in a loud voice.
"No Harry you can't scream" mahi bhai warned him and harry looked disappointed.

Mahi again tried shaking him and finally Ro groaned and opened his eyes to see mahi bhai looking at him with a smile and Harry standing there with his all time mischevious smile.
He quickly sat up and hugged mahi from there only as mahi was standing near bed.
"When did you come?" He asked.
"Just now, I had told you right that I am coming in evening."

Ro smiled sheepishly "I must have forgotten it." This line did made mahi wonder that wouldn't virat inform him or remind him that he was going to come. But he ignored it and smiled.

After sometime mahi and harry went to their room because Harry waa going to stay with mahi which ro informed was done after many tantrums thrown by harry.

Mahi went and got freshed up and then he went to meet others with Harry tagging along just to trouble everyone.

Nothing seemed weird the whole evening until dinner.
The atmosphere as everyone had gathered didn't feel like it has to be to mahi. Normally in team dinners there's a lot of chatter with people even talking to each other even if they are sitting far but here everyone were just whispering to the person beside them.

Mahi's eyes fell on ro and cheeku who were sitting far. Ro was sitting across mahi and vi was sitting after five seats of ro.
'well this is something new" he thought.

"Is there something wrong between them?" He asked jaddu who was sitting beside him.
"Whom?" Jaddu asked.
"Ro and cheeku" mahi said.
Jaddu's face fell a little then he quickly tried to cover it by smiling.
"Of course not" he said.
"Are you sure?" Mahi asked him suspiciously.
"They are having just one of their small fights again" he answered. "You know like always."

"And others? What's wrong between them?"
"What are you talking about nothing's wrong between anyone" jaddu said looking confused but mahi could feel that he was just acting.

"So why isn't anyone talking loudly you know like before when I was there. The food room was never this quiet." Mahi asked wanting to get some answers and know if he was just imagining or he was right.

"Okay when we used to shout you always told us to make less noise and now that everyone is making less noise you want everyone to shout? What is the world coming to?" Jaddu asked dramatically, grinning brightly.

"Jaddu I am serious is everything really alright?" Mahi whispered and saw jaddu getting a little tense but again he hid it quickly.
"Bhai I never knew you could overthink like vi and ro" he also whispered.
"Everything is alright really."

Mahi nodded and decided to eat his dinner but he still wasn't convinced. But he believed that if anything was wrong between the team he would find out soon because he knew everyone very well except the ones who debuted after he had gone but he could read many people with experience so he decided to just relax for now.