The fallout

The next day everyone went to the stadium. And went on the ground to practice for sometime. After sometime, vi went for toss and he won and elected to field.
After getting ready and making plans, the team came on the ground and as soon as mahi stepped on the ground, the fans started to shout "dhoni, dhoni."

Vi and ro looked at each other and smiled as they saw mahi bhai smiling.
The game started and a few good partnerships were made between the batsmen. But the bowlers took wickets at regular intervals and they could make only 300.
Everyone were in a cheery mood in the dressing room as mahi bhai was also back with them and the target was also chasable.

Rohit and shikhar went to open the batting and gave a head start as they scored 85 in ten overs.
Then ro got out and virat went in next and he and shikhar scored 40 in six overs with shikhar completing his half century.
After his and virat's wicket fell, the game became a little slow.

When the fifth wicket fell, 25 runs were required in the last three overs. Mahi went on the ground wearing the gloves and aa he started to go, the cheer grew.

"Mahi bhai finish it off." Said harry grinning.
"You should do it, you deserve it, you played every sensibly today."
"Thanxx" harry said happy that mahi bhai praised him"but I want to see you finish it and i think so does everyone else. Please for your little brother?"
Mahi wa still hesitant but harry started to whine and so he agreed.

Harry hugged him excitedly and went to the striker's end. He took a single and gave the strike to mahi.

Mahi defended the first and second ball but hit the third ball for a six. Two balls were remaining and he hit both of them for four.
The crowd was going wild and so were the people in dressing room. They were all clapping loudly and cheering.

The next over again harry took a single and gave the strike to mahi. Mahi hit one six and a four to finish the game and India won the odis by 4-1
Harry hugged mahi excitedly and in a little time the whole team had come and fell on both of them.

The bus ride was filled with cheers as everyone celebrated together singing and some even dancing. And as soon as a punjabi song came, virat got up from his seat and started dancing with everyone. The whole ride passed with them dancing and enjoying.

They soon reached the hotel and everyone went to cut the cake that was ordered for them. After smearing more and eating a little cake, everyone went to their rooms.

In the evening, mahi finally decided tp talk to vi and rohit. He asked harry to go to jassi's room for some time and called both of them through call.

Few minutes after harry had gone, vi came.
"Mahi bhai you wanted to talk with me?" Vi asked coming and sitting beside him.

"Yeah, you and ro both" he said.
"And ro close the door." He added as he saw rohit also entering.
"What's the matter?" Vi asked as ro closed the door and came and sat on the chair.

"I want truth from both of you, why are you two guys fighting?"
Mahi asked directly coming to point.
Ro and vi looked at each other surprised and vi said "we are not fighting."

"If you both think that i hadn't noticed or you had been successful in behaving as if everything's alright, then you both are wrong. I know there was something going on between you two when I came again. I just want to know what."

Vi looked at ro and nodded indicating him to say something.
"There was a minor misunderstanding between us." Ro said.
"Minor?" Mahi asked knowing that it couldn't be minor at all.

"Yeah, minor, but it's all sorted now." Vi said.
"I don't believe you both, now also you two are lying. I can see how minor it was, the whole team is divided and everyone has chosen a side, but, yeah it's minor. You two were not even ready to see each other's face or talk to each other before this match fixing news broke out, but it's obviously minor."

Rohit and vi looked down knowing that they really couldn't lie now.
"Okay it was not minor." Ro said quietly.
"The 2019 world cup really hit us hard, so we had some misunderstandings and it led to big fights." He continued.

"One day after we had lost a match where there was some misunderstanding between me and rohit in the field and he had also gotten run out, we both lost control and said things we shouldn't really have which led to a big fight and then we started to ignore each other and the things went bad from there." Vi said.

"And what exactly happened that day?" Mahi asked.
Vi and ro looked at each other for a minute and then ro started.

   Flashback
Neither ro nor virat were in a good mood in these days. The world cup semi final still was in their mind, not leaving. They just wished that they had made more runs and these all could have been avoided. There were constant fights among them, since they could only let out their frustration on each other. And worse was that mahi bhai wasn't here also and they could not even talk to him much since they didn't want to disturb him by including him in their stupid fights and deny him the much needed break.

To make things worse, the team had just lost an easy match with both ro and vi not scoring much and ro getting run out.

"How could we have lost this one? It was within our grasp." Vi said frustrated, as he and ro were in the same room.
"If we just had a little big partnership we could have won that." Ro said equally frustrated.

They both again stated to remember the semi final, where if there was a little partnership between the top order, they might have won it and it increased their frustration.

"You could have just heard when i was calling you, and that run out could have been avoided and we would have won the match." Vi said raising his voice a little

"Or maybe you could have heard when i clearly asked you to stop. I knew it was impossible. And even after i got run out, you could have stayed and made a partnership with Rishabh, not throw away your wicket like that." Ro also started to raise his voice.

"Ohh so blame this one also on me like the world cup semi final."
"First of all i haven't blamed you for the semi final loss, and second even if i had, it wouldn't have been wrong."
"Really and why's that?" Vi asked him. Both had started to shout.
"Because if you had listened to me, we could have won it."
"Don't try to pretend like it was just my decision. It was a collective decision and you also know it. We had asked everyone on which position we should send mahi bhai and then you had also agreed."

"Yeah but before everyone tried to convince me that sending him at seven number would be better, i had told you many times send him at four or five."

"Please don't try to tell me what I had to do. I have heard that enough from almost everyone around me. Okay got it i am only responsible for this loss. Now get out."

Ro felt a little guilty, hearing this. It was true almost everyone were blaming him. And he wanted to go and say sorry, but he was too angry and emotional right now as the memories of that world cup came again and today's match also, to go and say sorry or do anything.

He just quietly went out of the room and decided to go out of the hotel for some time.

From that day, they both stopped talking altogether. Only conversations they had was related to planning about the match or maybe something during the practice. Every conversation they had was because of cricket and nothing else. And both were hurting due to not talking with each other and due to that they didn't even realize how the team had also been divided into groups until it was too late and no one could do anything further.

(A/N: it has been a long time since i updated this. But i wasn't getting any idea on how to continue this that's why I couldn't update anything. I hope this chapter is not boring, and only a few more chapters are left for this story.
Until next time. Bye!!)