The lies and manipulation

Two days had passed and today the results of the investigation were going to be out. Virat, rohit and others knew but they hadn't told mahi yet, because they feared that if the results are by chance tempered with or something wrong happens, it would be a problem.

The practice had gotten over and everyone were in their rooms to get fresh when vi got a call from dada. He quickly picked it up.

"The investigation is done." Dada said with a hint of happiness.
"And?" Vi asked.
"As expected, he's innocent. The news is already out and they are showing it on all the news channels."

Virat couldn't stop himself from smiling. "And what about that people you suspect?" He asked.
"My suspicions have grown stronger, but i can't find proofs against them."
"Can't you just tell everyone that you suspect them?" Vi asked.
"I am president of the board, i just can't blame the people who are working with me without any evidence. And what if there's a chance that they are not the real culprits and someone else is? Think about the problems it will cause."

"Well at least they couldn't temper with the investigation." Virat said looking on the bright side.
"Yeah, had put much security to ensure it doesn't happen. And don't worry i am trying my best to find something against them, once it happens, it's their end."
"Okay, thak you dada very much." Vi said "for doing so much."
"Just like he's you elder brother, he's my younger brother do, i would do anything for him " dada said and vi smiled seeing that the old team had so much love towards each other.

"What happened? Why are you smiling so much?" Rahul asked as he had just come in the room and saw that vi was smiling.
"Dada's call came just now, mahi bhai, he's proved innocent and it's all over the news too." Virat said. "Want to come?" He added referring to mahi bhai's room and Rahul nodded and followed him.

They entered inside the room which was open and mahi bhai and harry were playing.
"I want to show you guys something." Vi said and took the remote of the tv, switched it on
and changed it to a news channel that he knew always showed news about sports.
The headline said "Mahendra singh dhoni, india's former skipper proved innocent."

Mahi looked at the tv surprised as he was not expecting this and then he looked at virat who was smiling and went and hugged him.
"Now we can play together again." Vi said happily.
Mahi nodded, he was glad that he could go on ground again to play.

In the evening, mahi got a letter from the bcci, apologizing for their mistake and requesting him to join the indian team again and play the next and last odi.
He accepted it and wrote that he will play the odi which was the next day.

It was night time and mahi was alone in the room as harry had gone out with Rahul to buy icecream for everyone.
Kuldeep and chahal came in the room and sat on the bed with mahi.
"We are glad you will be playing with us tomorrow." Kul said hugging him. "Last match despite winning it with a good margin, no one was really very involved in it. We didn't make much mistakes but our minds were not really in that game."

"Yeah and you should have seen virat bhaiya. He looked so restless during the break between the two innings." Yuzi said.
"Kind of reminded us of the series after the world cup where he was restless but tried to look brave for us." Kuldeep muttered but loud enough for both of them to hear.

"I wish I hadn't left for a break." Mahi said after a few minutes.
He had been thinking about this. If he hadn't left, he might have been able to stop the fight between virat and rohit and maybe this fall out would have never happened.

"But you deserved a break." Kul said immediately.
"Yeah." Yuzi agreed "and virat bhaiya also handled it well, and then Ayush came, who i guess kinda helped us and also helped us to figure out who our real friends are and who aren't."

"Yuzi!!" Kuldeep said staring at him.
"What do you mean by that?" Mahi asked looking at kul and yuzi, even though he could kinda guess what he meant.
"Uh....nothing." yuzi said quickly and to distract mahi from topic he asked "let's play video game?"

"Don't try to divert the topic yuzi and tell me what did you mean?"
Mahi said.
"I just meant that he helped us to realize that whoever still supported us after the world cup were really out friends and those who didn't were not." Yuzi lied.

"I do know that there is something wrong between the team." Mahi said. "Please tell me so that we can fix this." He added.

Kul and yuzi looked at each other, both knowing that they couldn't lie. Not to mahi bhai. And secretly they wanted everything to be alright like before and to be able to talk to ro bhaiya again.
Kuldeep nodded at yuzi and yuzi said "what do you want to know?"

"I want to know why everyone have stopped talking to each other and what's wrong with virat and rohit."

"Well as you know, they always have fights, but they are not big or frequent, just small, silly things. It all changed after the world cup. The fights were still small, but frequent." Yuzi said.
"Very frequent." Kul added.

"Yeah, so at that time we didn't make much of it but i think after some three to four series, aayush came in the team and we had one on one sessions with him, regularly to see how it goes. At that time he told me and kul something, and even Rahul, mayank and Mohammd, he told us that ro bhaiya was balming vi bhaiya for the loss of the world cup in that one on one session."

"And you believed him?" Mahi asked.
"We didn't want to." Kul said "until we heard them talking or more like fighting one time. And we heard ro bhaiya say that we might have won that semi final if virat bhaiya would have just listened to him one time."

"And what about jassi and all? Why are you not talking to them?"
"Because when we went to them to reveal this, they denied and said that vi bhaiya was the one blaming ro bhaiya." Yuzi answered.

Now mahi realized what really happened. Most of the members were manipulated by aayush. And this must have required planning and now he was more than sure that it was not a single person.

Just as he had processed everything, harry and rahul came in the room. "We have informed everyone, they are all coming here for icecream." Harry said giving the three cones to the three people and him and Rahul taking sticks of icecream.

"By the way what were you all talking about?" Harry asked.
"Nothing just having chat about random things." Mahi bhai answered as other team members started to come in the room and take their ice creams.

As everyone were enjoying ice cream and talking to each other, mahi's eyes fell on ro and vi. Ro was talking to jassi and virat was talking to rahul. He mentally prepared himself to do something he was hesitating a little on- and that wa so confront them directly about what actually has happened between them. And he decided that tomorrow, anyhow he would find the truth from them.