The game (Part-1)

During dinner time everyone were sitting together along with Ayush who was always invited by ict to sit with them during lunch, dinner and breakfast.
After dinner they all went to their rooms. Mahi wanted to talk with Ayush but he decided that he should do that tomorrow.

The next morning everyone woke up early and went to practice. After returning to the hotel, mahi decided to talk with Ayush.
He went to his room. "Can I come in Ayush?" Mahi asked knocking on the open door.
"Mahi bhai, sorry sir."
"Don't call me sir, call bhai only."

Ayush nodded and then asked "you here? Do you need something?"
"Yeah I want to talk to you."
Mahi answered.
"Yes please say."
Mahi closed the door and then asked him "so you know something is wrong with the boys right? I mean there's some tension between them."

"Yeah I know" Ayush said.
"So i wanted to ask you have you tried to talk with them, or do something?"
"I have tried to talk but i am afraid to say that they are not that open with me and none of them wants to discuss it."

"Ohh" mahi said. He knew now that he had to do something.
After saying goodbye mahi went away thinking what he could do.

"Where were you bhai?" Harry asked as mahi entered their room.
"Nothing just talking to Ayush. Harry tell me has any cricket match taken place between the team like we did before?"
"No since everyone have stopped talking with each other we have reduced so many activities." Harry answered.

"Okay then tomorrow in training we will play a match with eight players in each team. Help me make two teams please and we will mix them totally."

"Won't it lead to fights?"
"It may, it may not but at least they will be forced to talk to each other."
"Okay let's make teams" harry said excited.
And he and mahi both made two teams for tomorrow.

In the morning everyone woke up early and after eating breakfast sat in the bus.
Mahi went to virat and said "today i want to do something different in practice session."
"What?" Virat asked.
"I want us to play a game of cricket of 20 overs like we have done before and i am sure you would still be doing that right?"
Virat was hesitant at first and then decided to tell the truth.
"Actually we haven't."
"Why i thought you love that games."
"I do but we um....didn't get proper chance." He lied.
"Well then it's okay, we can do this now, i have also prepared the teams." He didn't take Harry's name as virat would think that despite knowing everything, harry mixed everyone and would get angry on him.

"You made the teams?" Vi asked shocked.
"Yeah is it okay?"
Now vi couldn't say that it was not okay, it was his mahi bhai after all.
"Uh....yeah it's....it's okay. Can I see the teams?" He asked.
"Let it be a surprise, you will get to know it on the ground."
Vi nodded, worried about the problems that were going to come.

They reached the ground and after warm up, as everyone were going to practice, mahi bhai stopped them.
"So today for some time we are going to play cricket between two teams. Each team will have eight players and it will be of 20 overs. And the teams are also ready so i will call out your names and you have to form a group, okay?"

Everyone looked at each other, surprised, but said okay nonetheless.

"Okay so team a would be  Mayank, virat, ro, Rishabh, jassi, Bhuvi, yuzi and Harry. And the second team would be shikhar, ishan, Rahul, myself, ashwin, Mohammed, kul, and jaddu."

Everyone hesitantly divided into two groups.
"So who's the captain?" Virat asked mahi.
"Why are you asking me? I am not in your team, you all decide."
Mahi said and went to his own team.

"So bhai what's the batting order?" Jaddu asked
"Shikhar will decide he's the captain" Mahi said.
"Why me?" Shikhar asked, surprised.
"Why what's the problem?"
"There's no problem but you are playing right, then you should only captain."
"I want to play just as a player and you have experience also so please" mahi requested him.
"Ok" shikhar finally agreed.
"So the batting order can be for opening uhh...." Shikhar was confused since Rahul and ishan both were opening batsman and so was he.
Even though he and Rahul weren't on talking terms and this was not a serious match, shikhar felt that he couldn't ask Rahul to bat on three, it wasn't feeling right to him "for opening Rahul and ishan" at this Rahul looked at him, surprised because he had thought that shikhar would send him one down but he was clearly wrong. "Then i, then mahi bhai, jaddu, ashwin, Mohammed and Kuldeep."

Mahi smiled seeing shikhar send Rahul and ishan before him, even though it was just a small match being played between them only but mahi knew small actions could help to solve the problem more quickly.

On the other side after mahi had told them to select their own captain, everyone had become quiet. Rohit wanted virat to captain but he couldn't say it and virat wanted rohit to captain.
Bhuvi decided to again put the question forward. "So captain?" He asked.

Everyone looked at each other not knowing.
"Virat, rohit one of you become captain" Bhuvi again said.

"I don't want to be captain" ro said.
"I also don't" virat said.
"Oh please, we have to start the game, virat just do it please?" Bhuvi requested.
Virat nodded and then he decided the batting order "so for opening it can be rohit and Mayank then me then Rishabh, harry then Bhuvi, yuzi and jasprit." He announced the team.

"Are you guys ready?" Just then jaddu asked them.
Everyone nodded.
"Great who's the captain? It's time for toss."

Toss was done between shikhar and virat, and virat won the toss and choose to bat.
Rohit and Mayank went to bat while shikhar started to set the field with mahi's help.

Mahi told shikhar to make ishan wicket keeper and he would stand as a normal fielder. They asked their batting and bowling coach to be umpires and they agreed. After they had set everything, the game started.